Weird sights in my street

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was walking back from taking the dog out this morning and walking past my house were 8 buddhist monks walking bare foot in a line.

WTF o_Oo_O

I guess they came from the Wat Sri Intra Atula Thai Buddhist Centre just a mile or so away

https://watsriintraatula.org.uk/

Sponsored Links
I'm always puzzled how these sort of people obtain their food, tools, cleaning products etc.
Are they so self sufficient they can grow and feed themselves with surplus being sold/traded or do they have other means?
This is not a slight against them, I'm just curious how the manage day to day.

I'm always puzzled how these sort of people obtain their food, tools, cleaning products etc.
Are they so self sufficient they can grow and feed themselves with surplus being sold/traded or do they have other means?
This is not a slight against them, I'm just curious how the manage day to day.
A lot of these faiths rely on donations from fellow followers, Sikh temples often feed people, regardless of what religion (if any) you are, I dare say muslims do a similar thing, Catholics give you a wafer & some dodgy plonk. I may pop into a Sikh temple and get a pukka curry one day.

Sponsored Links
Were you still drink from last night Notch?!!

And, why does the website say Copthorn is in Surrey? It's W.Sussex isn't it?

Were you still drink from last night Notch?!!

And, why does the website say Copthorn is in Surrey? It's W.Sussex isn't it?

Honestly, it was the weidest thing Ive ever seen.

It was before 8.00am, they were all dressed in orange robes, bare foot and walking silently - not knocking on doors or anything.

Perhaps I was drunk, it certainly didnt seem real.

Parts of Copthorne are in Surrey or is that Chiang Rai :ROFLMAO:

I live in the village which is West Sussex -close enough to Gatwick to hear planes take off, but never hear them overhead!

I kinda like that, it's good to see all sorts out and about :)

Copthorne is on the border then I guess. Fair enough! I always just thought it was Sussex.
I know Gatwick area a bit. Went to Crawley college for a year as a 16 year old, what a dump that was :LOL:. Every day, on the train, change at three bridges , ugg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to speak to 2 Mormon nuns out side a job a while back

U would not know they were nuns they were going door to door

Nice people plus they were both fit ;)

We used to have a lot (well, a few) Plymouth Brethren round our way, no idea what they're about, but they seem to be a"close knit" community, the women wear head scarves, a lot of the men used to be builders. they were very identifiable by their dress (the women) but don't seem to see them that much now, but that maybe because they dress as they wish now so not so noticeable, but still present .

I keep seeing these Monks.

They walk silently in a line.

Numbers vary -between 3 and 7
A few carry what look like hessian covered bowls.
Barefoot

I see them 3 or 4 times a week.

Could they be on some sort of punishment walk?

I kind of want to take a pic, but it seems a bit wrong.

years ago I come across some when I was cycling in a fairly remote area (eskdalemuir way) middle of nowhere, there they were walking along the road in a line all dressed in orange with the one at the front ringing a bell - I said nice day as I overtook them, one nodded. I thought I was hallucinating or something.
I learnt later there is a big monistry / temple over that way - interesting place.

I quite like Buddhists as a religion - they like animals, so that's a big tick in my book.

There’s a monks house next door to a mates MOT station. We've always known them as the Brown Brothers. He’s just sold it for development into 18 flats. A housing association bought it so it’s for helping the less well off. The monks opposed it and when that didn’t work, they tried to get a new wall out of the developer. The housing association told them to **** off! An excellent example of where charity begins at home!

Sponsored Links
Back