"Well done", or isn't that charming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Get an alert that someone has started a conversation with me. The title is "Well done", the content is "You got it locked, you ****ing destructive little git."
Some people are so polite aren't they :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thats the electrics section for you :)

In general discussion everybody is really friendly, never a locked thread there :mrgreen:

Get an alert that someone has started a conversation with me. The title is "Well done", the content is "You got it locked, you ****ing destructive little git." Some people are so polite aren't they :rolleyes:
You're not alone. In the past, in similar circumstances, I have received PMs with that identical title, presumably from the same person.

Quite apart from considerations of politeness (or the converse) etc., such communications appear to totally ignore the fact that "it takes two to tango".

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
As the mods seem to lock threads for the oddest reasons at times (and sometimes not bother when they should) was it really your fault. There are some unpleasant morons on here, so I'd try not to take it to personally - of course you could report the abusive behaviour, but I doubt it'd achieve much unfortunately.

As the mods seem to lock threads for the oddest reasons at times (and sometimes not bother when they should) was it really your fault.
As I implied above, I don't really think so. As I said, "it takes two to tango" - and, as is often the case, the thread in question was locked because of an interminable and repetitive exchange between two 'stubborn' people, neither of whom was prepared to be the first to 'give in'. We may each have our personal view as to who was the 'more responsible' but it really is not fair to suggest that the locking of that particular thread was 'the fault' of either of the protagonists individually.

However, if you look at the history of locked threads in this forum, I am sure you will find that, whilst the 'second person' varies (and, undeniably, has sometimes been myself), there is one person who very easily holds the record for the number of times one individual has been implicated in a thread lock.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back