Well Fitted Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reading all the threads on "what's the best boiler" I've learned that the most important thing is that it's fitted correctly to a flushed system. So if we take the flushed system for granted, what makes the difference between a well fitted boiler and a badly fitted one? Clearly you connect up the flow and return pipes to the corresponding pipes on the old system. Hot water connects to the old hot water pipe, and cold to the rising main; gas pipe to the gas supply. So long as it's screwed securely to the wall, what can a bodger possibly get wrong?

Sponsored Links
You think you've seen the worst case of fitting possible, then you go to another site and there it is.............

There aren't limits to the botcher's imagination.

You think you've seen the worst case of fitting possible, then you go to another site and there it is.............

Necessity is the mother of invention. ;)

But can you be specific? My recently installed Vailant 937 looks all neat and tidy, but how do I know if it's a good job?

Sponsored Links
Ask another installer. Thats when the handbags come to play.

We see several heating system during the week, belive you me some customers think 'coz it work then its installed correctly, 75% are bl00dy awful.
Do you know the condition of the water within the heating system ?
Is the gas pressures correct and is combustion set up correctly.
A good installer will have correctly set up the boiler and controls , unfortunately the customer rarely knows if the system is correct or just set to work on demand.

A lot of customers trust the installer, and a lot of installers abuse their trust.

Sadly when problems come to light, thats when you know if the installation/installer was any good .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back