New combi boiler fitted in place of old back boiler

The condensate pipe if its outside has to either be in 32 mm or larger pipe or if its in 22 mm then it needs to be insulated. Thats usually the standard foam insulation.

If the extension is under Building control and includes a new boiler then you should get a Completion Certificate when it passes its final inspection.

CORGI dont really like that because they prefer to use their own facilities to notify Building Control on the installers behalf.

The registered installer has to notify CORGI as a condition of his continued registration.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile,

Cheers for that.

i was going to insulate with that foam stuff you slip over the pipe but seing my corgi man said i should put it inside 40mm waste pip ei did what a good boy should..

Neither here nor there as we no longer have cold winters. But if you have run the 22 mm all the way inside 40 mm then thats not really correct unless you have added the foam insulation inside.

Totally strictly if you use the foam outside it should be protected from water ingress.

Tony

Totally strictly speaking if you follow the EST guidelines.

In the absence of manufacturers instructions, a larger 32mm plastic pipe is required for external runs to prevent the risk of freezing, and a maximum length of 3m.

Sponsored Links
no ones picked up on the serious offence of impersonating a corgi registered engineer.10 yrs in jail. :LOL:

I would agree if i had gone to someone elses house and pretended to be a corgi guy and started working on their gas. That would be inpersinating a corgi engineer

I would like to see corgi take the time to prosecute me for gaining information from them in a sneaky way. Maybe they would feel a little embarassed if it all came to light.

I only gained information because corgi wouldnt advise me as a member of the general public.

I wondered when someone would mention that :LOL:

Fitz I mirror your statement exactly.

Its a total disgrace and you have more front than Blackpool Mr Diy.

Why the *^*&%^* do you come on a forum for genuine members of the public who require information about problems when you obviously know everything about everything and have all the time in the world to do it.
Then fly in the face of the regulations and rub everybody elses face in it by actually admitting that you used somebody elses identity to obtain information from Corgi.

Do you not realise that the rest of us who are Corgi registered have taken many exams to become registered and then paid £500 for the priviledge of getting information unlike people like you!!
:mad:

put your address down and see how long it takes for the cps to send you a court date

BOOM goes the house and no insurance your done for

Hope we're not forgetting a Corgy done the gas and commissioning, Perhaps if the dogs were a little more user friendly towards the public, they wouldn't need to con information out of them.

If DIY was made illegal it would be a different story, one day perhaps :rolleyes:

doitall said:
Hope we're not forgetting a Corgy done the gas and commissioning

Even that CORGI was acting outside his remit as he had not fitted the mounting bracket or particularly the flue!

Tony

Agile said:
doitall said:
Hope we're not forgetting a Corgy done the gas and commissioning

Even that CORGI was acting outside his remit as he had not fitted the mounting bracket or particularly the flue!

Tony

Agreed Tony but thats another story.

I have to admit that It did not even phase me for a moment when I read about the householder calling CORGI for info by pretending to be an RGI.

Firstly the advisor should have sussed out that he was not registered but they have so many ill informed RGIs that he presumably did not stand out.

Secondly, as the upholder of gas safety, I have always thought that CORGI should have a public slightly premium rate tel number for the public to call them on for advice. Its better to get it from the horse's, sorry, dog's mouth than a man in the pub.

Tony

They do have a premium rate line for advising architects etc, £1 a minute I think.

If i have got a few peoples backs up then i appologise.

I have not attempted anything illegal. If i had then surely my BCO would have come down on me like a ton of bricks. I have NOT touched my gas supply at all even though it sounds like i quite legally could have.

So far as the flu is concerned, i looked at the diagrams in the accompaning catalogue and after talking to the corgi guy, i cut the hole for the flu. Its only a push fit connection to the boiler and the plumber didnt have a problem with it when he inspected it.

I most certainly am NOT condoling any illegal acctivity with your gas supply, simply stating that if it isnt illegal for an house holder to connect his own boiler, then why are some of you spitting feathers. But dont forget, I DIDNT connect or comission the gas the CORGI REGISTERED plumber did that.

I used to be a mechanic by trade and worked for a dealership who charge £75.00 per hour plus VAT. Sometimes people would wander in the workshop and ask how hard a job was and could they attemp it themselves. I always tell them if they feel competent enough then go for it. I wouldnt blink an eyelid if someone said they had re built their gearbox because the diff bearings went bang, I would say "well done, did you find it hard"

I went to college, did my aprenticeship, purchased several thousand pounds of tools and so on so i have also incured financial cost in order to conduct my chosen trade. I dont rant and rave because 1 guy said i did my own job and didnt need to use you. but if that same guy said " I have done all the bits i can but i dont feel conffident to do that safety related job, so would you mind doing it" I wouldnt say no i would help the guy.

Anyway, Boiler is now fitted, Gas is connected, Certification is done, BCO came this morning and has now signed off the completed extension I BUILT MYSELF including all the electrical work I DID MYSELF
He comented on how well the complex roof structure looks ( 3 hips and a valley) Yes you guessed it, I BUILT MYSELF

I am currently doing the bathroom, fitting underfloor heating "Dont worry pannierstan its not a wet heating type, so im not doing your job" and also fitting a biojet jacuzzi bath with a waterfall filler tap. If i need help with this project, can i ask on here or will you blank me now guys ?

Thanks once again to all those who helped and have sent me PM's even the bad ones calling me all the names under the sun ;)

If he didn't take the flue to bits, he didn't check it. There is something which is frequently done wrong in there. You haven't mentioned what could be wrong with it, so I hope you got it right. Do you know what I'm talking about?

That's the sort of thing that people (we) are concerned about with diy installations. Not that it's hard, but if you don't know what to look for or ask about, it's easy to get something wrong without knowing. Your Corgi guy might have forgottern to check, or thought it would probably be ok, or not want the bother of dismantling it, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back