Converting from back boiler to combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

At the moment i have an old BAXI back boiler that works ok but we have recently built an extension with a utility room. I aim to install a new Baxi 105he instant in the utility and pipe into original system. I have already issolated and removed the old boiler and water supplies. (corgi guy disconected and will re connect new boiler)

He told me i need to power flush the system before i commision the new boiler. (costing £400.00)

Before i disconected the old system i filled it with the de scaler (x400) or something like that and left it in the system for a week. I then drained it down and let the system re fill several times then finally totally drained it all.

I then replaced every radiator in the house and fitted each one with a TRV.

the only thing remaining of the old system are the pipes. Will this still need power flushing or am i safe to fill system and flush a few times once new boiler is ready to be fired up ??

Thanks in advance

Mick.

Sponsored Links
If u took them out and polished them inside and out and ur new boiler conked out, manufacturer would still say its muck in the system.Best get out clause they have.

Thanks for the reply.

I pay the insurance thing to british gas. You know the one where they come and fix it . The old back boiler gave up last year and they fitted a complete new gas valve or something... didnt cost me anything so will i be covered with that ?
Thanks.

Mick

You sound as if you have an idea about what your doing, some of the larger tool and equipment hire companies have powerflushing machines,
its not to difficult.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Just wondering, instead of using powerflushing equipment, can one just connect cold water to the system and flush it that way?

Bite the bullet and hire a powerflush machine mate, if you wanted to do it with mains water then you would need to seal the system, connect a pump to move the water around, and flush it many many times through.

Alternatively, shop around for a new boiler quote. when I install new boilers I charge only £200-£250 for a powerflush IF TAKEN AT THE TIME OF INSTALLING THE NEW BOILER. Thats not a lot more than HSs will charge for a weekend rental of a Kamco powerflush machine

div69 said:
Just wondering, instead of using powerflushing equipment, can one just connect cold water to the system and flush it that way?
See Chris Hutt's useful article in the FAQ section:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back