Well I never.. common sense does prevail in some countries

firstly, personally, i agree with supporting the father... hurrah for a violent death for a scumbag.

However, there's two sides to this... firstly the natural human response - which is "mess with my kids and i'll mash your face with an ice pick and make your brains burn"... and secondly the response of the legal system we have.... the tennet of law is the burden of proof....

Can you be sure it was that guy? can you be sure there is suitable evidence etc.... even if a dad finds his child being raped it can, and will be contested....

What i like about the US law is the allowable use of "deadly force" as opposed to our use of "reasonable force"....!! i suspect this refers to their use of firearms.... but i would much rather protect my kids with deadly force that reasonable force !!!

Sponsored Links
"The father was not arrested, but was investigated for homicide"

Yes, good correction. I meant that many people believe the police shouldn't even investigate the case, there are many people that commented such.

me said:
How he did it should matter.

I don't agree in this case.

He did not know if the guy had a knife or gun and was protecting his child.

Make your mind up, does it matter how he did it or not?

You can't say it doesn't, then go on to say "he may not know....".

What if he knew perfectly well the guy was not carrying, and had already disabled the guy, is it OK then to put the knife in?

Aron Searle wrote

Or did he pummel his prone body on the ground for several minutes after he went down

You mean like on a Saturday night when lager louts pummel some kid to death because he was making funny looks in the wrong direction or because he was the wrong colour?
:rolleyes:

And those people have been properly punished with a few hours of community service.

I would not have beat the man to death but would have choked him. He may or not have regained consciousness.

I would still have worried afterwards that I had killed someone whether prosecuted or not and it looks as if this man will struggle with what he has done for the rest of his life too as well as worrying about how his daugher was affected by everything that had happened.

Its not a win win situation for anyone but to prosecute the father would not have achieved anything.

A man was seen abducting a young girl by a witness , the father (or anyone) arrived to find a rape in progress and the man was killed.

It's a sad story all round but the rapist or his family cannot complain they did not bring this on themselves.

I would have killed him, slowly. Don't care what the law says or any other or if it was my child or a strangers child, he would die very slow.

His death has saved other children from him.

Would it be morally right? That wouldn't cross my mind at the time I'm sure.

Sponsored Links
I seriously doubt "Choking" him would have worked. Unless your Mr Spock or Chuck Norris. As he would struggle, the better method was used.

The correct response by the courts was made.
I have no daughters but if I were witness I would as another has said do in his ribs or a head shot. Then drag him off somewhere for an interesting conversation with a petrol can and some matches.

I seriously doubt "Choking" him would have worked. Unless your Mr Spock or Chuck Norris. As he would struggle, the better method was used.

You don't need to be Chuck norris or Mr Spock.

Believe me choking is THE MOST EFFICIENT way to despatch someone.

Battering someone even when trained or even a world champion does not stop someone they fight back and that magical knockout blow is definately not there for the taking. Watch the no holds barred fights and you will see that after all the kicking and punching which everyone invariably survives the end game is on the floor and finishes with a choke.

If you want broken knuckles and a smack in the face then yes use your fists.

Anyone properly trained knows that getting the opponent on the floor in a choke is the way to go.

Incidentally in all my unarmed combat I was never once taught how to hit someone it's just regarded as pointless.

Level 4 Krav-Maga and Jujitsu since a child. Try a choke and you will have broken bones :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmq7Jf8cdtk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd7npft6xmk[/QUOTE]

Oh for pitys sake you actually think that is a choke hold somebody coming at you arms outstretched and grabbing your neck like some hollywood film...

how quaint. :rolleyes:

Obviously not trained.
Why do you think PROPER choke holds aren't allowed all but extreme fighting?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6fd_1339919758

Watch this clip here and see how quickly someone becomes incapacitated. sure the 'victim' is not fighting back but the point is you do not actually have to stop the person breathing to have a succesful choke hold. Pressure on the arteries against the windpipe stops the blood circulating back from the brain and leads to uncocsciousnous because it stops the supply of blood circulating.

As for the second clip with the metre long wire!!

What is Krav Magna about , how to defend yourself from sloppy incompetents?

Please explain how your going to use a choke hold on someone resisting without using any initial punches, or wrist/arm locks. Possibly some disabling blows.
It would be rather interesting as it would be an invaluable aid to what I have been taught.

Do you just ask politely?

Please explain how your going to use a choke hold on someone resisting without using any initial punches, or wrist/arm locks. Possibly some disabling blows.
It would be rather interesting as it would be an invaluable aid to what I have been taught.

Do you just ask politely?

S'easy. In this case the man would most likely run , so peasy to get in a dominant position from behind.
If he attempts to hit you then you would grab the arm twisting inwards which automatically turns the victims back to you and right on target for your chokehold.
If he kicks then grab the leg and upend and twist the foot.

Its all there in the training.

I would never go fisticuffs with anyone , waste of time.

FORT WORTH -- A 27-year-old Fort Worth man died Wednesday afternoon after being put in a chokehold by homeowners who found him burglarizing their house, police said.
Police are awaiting autopsy results to determine what caused the death of Bryane Jackson before proceeding with the investigation, said Sgt. Pedro Criado, a police spokesman.
The incident occurred about 12:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of Canberra Court, just south of U.S. 287 near Cobb Park.
The homeowners told police that they returned from enrolling in school and found that someone was inside their house. Two male family members went inside and found a man holding one of the family's televisions, Criado said.
"A fight ensues between the two family members and [the] suspect," Criado said in an e-mail. "One of the male family members put the suspect in a choke hold and [the] suspect became unresponsive."

So you just grab the arm.
You actually ever been in a Dojo/Gym?

Your quote about TWO family members overcoming one person, they just did that did they. Or was the place smashed apart :D

Its ok , you are entitled to your opinions. I know the reality that does not happen in a Dojo.

I know how you are trained for combat situations where rules don't exist.
We were actually taught NEVER to use our fists but instead ANYTHING is a weapon whether thats a spoon a fork or a tablelamp etc.
There's no referees and rules in a fight to the death.
All I said is I would have choked the man to incapaciate him.
I stick to that and can't be bothered arguing with trolls.

Its ok , you are entitled to your opinions. I know the reality that does not happen in a Dojo.

I know how you are trained for combat situations where rules don't exist.
We were actually taught NEVER to use our fists but instead ANYTHING is a weapon whether thats a spoon a fork or a tablelamp etc.
There's no referees and rules in a fight to the death.
All I said is I would have choked the man to incapaciate him.
I stick to that and can't be bothered arguing with trolls.

SAS dude :LOL:

Krav-Maga was developed by Israeli special forces from real life situations and is recognised world wide. :rolleyes:

Your the one coming across as a troll.
As for weapons, even a newspaper is a dangerous one. A pen, your keys. So please don`t patronise others you have no idea about.
Why is it your always insulting others in your posts? Have you an issue with being polite?

If I had of been the witness to the OP`s post I would have used anything to incapacitate the cretin fists included and then done as the father had done.

And I know rules do not exist in a fight, try working a nightclub door for a bit. I did for a while to help out a mate, See how your arm twisting would work when 3 or 4 drunks kick off. And yes I have a SIA licence.

Sponsored Links
Back