Well I never.. common sense does prevail in some countries

Sponsored Links
I totally agree but having read a lot of the comments I am amazed and disappointed with some elements of society who think that the Father was wrong in what he did.
Comments are closed on the story page so I will rant here.

84. MARCPERRRY
20TH JUNE 2012 - 16:39
I think you're all missing the point. This father took the law into his own hands. He savagely beat a man to death and then phoned the police. What right had he to beat anyone in such a way? The police are there for these things and then justice must prevail. If police had beaten the deceased man, would you all be saying the same thing?

I am not missing the point. The Father caught the man with his trousers down raping his 5 year old daughter. That is the point!

It is not reported he "savagely beat a man to death " (I would have with great vengeance)

"What right did he have?" What a stupid question. In my humble opinion anyone who catches a man raping a 5 year old has the right to beat them in anyway they wish to. The Fathers right? He is the Father, simple.

"The police are there for these things and then justice must prevail" The Police weren't there, the Father was, and justice has prevailed. In fact it was reported the Police had trouble finding the ranch.

"If police had beaten the deceased man, would you all be saying the same thing?" Another stupid irrelevant comment although I would feel some sympathy towards a policeman who did give this sicko a beating and was then charged.

Throughout the comments racism and human rights are mentioned. Why? What have they to do with anything? The guy was raping a 5 year old. Does any sane person think the Father stopped to check if the guy was a Latino immigrant, (he was) of course not. I would bet my last penny the Father would have done exactly the same thing if it was his Father or Brother raping his daughter.

Don't get me started on Human Rights. A bill passed so the likes of Cherie Blair can earn vast sums of money defending the rights of those who abuse the rights of others.

Rant over

Depends on how he beat him.

Did he beat him to the ground and a few punches more.

Or did he pummel his prone body on the ground for several minutes after he went down.

Does anyone know this, can't see those details have been released?

Or did he pummel his prone body on the ground for several minutes after he went down.

Hopefully the farmer didn't use an iron bar or something similar, the "pervert" would have died far too quickly, i hope he had a long and painful death, was this his first rape? would it have been his last? very doubtful on both counts, my grandaughter is now 3yrs old, this is one pervert she will be safe from.

Sponsored Links

Why???
If he'd have tied him up and skinned him alive it would have been just fine by me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*IF* he beat him to death and he was already prone/unconscious on the floor (And I don't mean a few "and stay down" kicks).

Then he should receive some legal recourse, though not necessarily time in goal.

If he just beat him with a metal pole or such, or landed an otherwise lucky blow, then give him a box of chocolates.

How he did it should matter.

AronSearle said:

Spot on! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Has anybody asked themselves what they would really do if they witnessed a rape in progress. (Never mind for the moment whether it's your daughter or not.) I did when I watched some TV program a lot of years ago. The production team set up some mock rapes to see how members of the public would react and my first though was "What a bl**dy stupid idea!" There are enough complications without having to ask yourself whether its a real rape or not. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So, a rapist caught in the act is likely to be in a vulnerable position, ie horizontal and not paying a lot of attention. What do you do?

Call the police? Fair enough but the victim might not live that long.

Shout STOP? Now that's just ridiculous, though I'm betting a lot of people would do it anyway. Your only real advantage is surprise so don't waste it.

Try to drag him off? Bad plan. He might have a knife that you can't see.

Whichever way you look at this, your only real option is to incapacitate the little s*d and fast! You'll have to put the boot in. So what's your direction of approach? From side or rear, aim for the rib cage and don't be afraid to break a few. (If your first thought was to aim between his legs, bare in mind that you could do the victim a lot of damage that way. :oops: :oops: :oops: ) Technically, you break the law as soon as you use your feet but you should be able to argue extenuating circumstances.

Your biggest problem is if you're coming in from the head end. Just how hard do you have to kick somebody in the head to knock them out without killing them? I haven't got a clue and I hope I never have to find out.

IMO this particular animal, forfeited ANY rights he might have been entitled to, the moment he chose to subject a defenceless little tot to such a disgusting assault.

The Last thing the Father would be worried about was this b*stards rights, or whether he would go to prison or not for killing him. I would hazard a guess most NORMAL people would still kill him even if they had time to think about it.
The right decision was made.

my thoughts exactly
it is reasonable to expect someone in that situation to react to a level 3 or 4 times a calculated callas level
but at what point should the man stop and return to comfort his daughter as the threat has passed
i fully agree with the verdict but need to carefully consider the full situation time wise which i am sure they have done :cry: :cry:

Probably the stupidest comment I read (repeatedly) was that he shouldn't even have been arrested!

Because yea, when you have a dead body, and a guy with bloody fists (metaphorically speaking), you should take his and a 5 year old kids statement as truth and not arrest him.

As soon as you talk about kids, peoples brains go out the window.

What was the little girls fate had the father not arrived?
Death?
Well texas has the death penalty so assuming the perpetrator was apprehended he was a dead man walking.

Aron Searle wrote

Or did he pummel his prone body on the ground for several minutes after he went down

You mean like on a Saturday night when lager louts pummel some kid to death because he was making funny looks in the wrong direction or because he was the wrong colour?
:rolleyes:

Probably the stupidest comment I read (repeatedly) was that he shouldn't even have been arrested!

Because yea, when you have a dead body, and a guy with bloody fists (metaphorically speaking), you should take his and a 5 year old kids statement as truth and not arrest him.

As soon as you talk about kids, peoples brains go out the window.

Not the smartest comment made as he wasn't arrested!

"The father was not arrested, but was investigated for homicide" as reported on the BBC News article.
Not to mention the witness that reported the girl being abducted.

As soon as you rape this guys daughter your brain gets beaten. Good.

Because yea, when a Doctor checks the girl and finds evidence of sexual assault you should arrest the Father, lock him up, put the girl in care and let the wheels of justice trundle slowly along while a good lawyer does his best to get the offender released. Race hate crime, human rights, excessive force, assault...

Personally I prefer this outcome.

I don't agree in this case. The man was raping his 5 year old daughter and the Father caught him in the act. If he shot, stabbed, strangled or beat him, the Father, in my opinion, was entitled to do this. He did not know if the guy had a knife or gun and was protecting his child. He did call for help when he thought the guy was dying, quite a nice thing to do when he could have been comforting his daughter.

Outcomes like this are rare.
The liberal intelligentsia will always be clamering to the defence of the perpetrator in cases like these and can offer fook all protection to the innocent hundreds (young and old) beaten to a pulp every weekend on our own streets.

What was the little girls fate had the father not arrived?
Death?
Well texas has the death penalty so assuming the perpetrator was apprehended he was a dead man walking.

Unfortunately not according to [code:1]http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_maximum_penalty_for_rape_in_Texas[/code:1]

Answer:
The maximum penalty for "Forcible Rape" or "Aggravated Sexual Assault" is a life prison sentence.

In 2007, Texas enacted legislation making the second conviction for rape of a child under 14 a capital offense; however, the US Supreme Court held, in Kennedy v. Louisiana, 554 US ___ (2008), that it is unconstitutional to impose capital punishment for the crime of child rape when the child does not die, or is not intended to die. This ruling extended an earlier decision in Coker v. Georgia, (1977) that eliminated capital punishment for rape, but did not include specific language addressing child rape. The decision in Kennedy overturned death penalty laws for child rape in the six states that had passed such laws.

At present, the only crimes for which capital punishment is permitted in the US are capital murder (usually requires aggravating circumstances, which vary by state) and crimes against the state, such as espionage and treason.

Sponsored Links
Back