Well that worked out well!

What are the chances of Bliar ever being put before a war crimes court?

Blair didn't take us to war at gunpoint, and he was re-elected.

I wasn't asked if we should go to war. Our House of Commons made that decision for me. IIRC, war was not a manifesto pledge.
100 000+ marched to protest against the war.
Bliar lied to Parliament, to get cross-party support for the phoney war.
The dossier was tricked up, to make a case for war where none existed.
And to think that his re-election was a tacit acceptance / approval of his phoney war would be foolish - elections are won and lost on a range of issues, mostly "will I be better off?" Labour's bankrupting the country for "just one more term" was just that.
You've previously acknowledged the apathetic state of the average Brit, AS - as long as something doesn't directly affect them, it is merely quickly-forgotten rant / moan material.
And what proportion of the voting population were directly affected by the wars? Clearly, not enough to precipitate a change of government..........

Sponsored Links
Totally agree the Iraq invasion by the west was illegal. Also agree the whole region is still a cess pit of violence and death. Let's not pretend though that this area of the world would be a haven of peace and tranquility otherwise.
The muslim countries of the planet are mainly pooholes of dark aged violence. Even the oil rich area's that have a smooth blingly sheen are still repressive and evil. It wasn't the USA or her allies that f u cked up that region. It was/is backwards people who worship pretend beings called alla and mohammed.

Aint that the truth!

As far as I'm aware, the only thing of any value to us (and the rest of the world) that comes out of the Middle East is oil, which we still rely on. Apart from oil, of course, their major export seems to be muslim terrorists. Their oil can't last for ever, though, and when it does run out I fully expect these muslim countries to sink back into the mire where their religion and culture appear to prefer them to be. I do feel sorry for their women, though.

I believe we should have nothing more to do with them, and certainly deny them access to our country. America and Australia can do that, why not us?

Oh, I forgot. We are no longer our own masters, are we?

What does it take ?. If you want change you got to want it. If you invade a country justified or not when you leave those who feel violated during occupation will want revenge. Jumping on the anti west Islamic waggon will ensure backing. I would like to know what benefit to the world a medieval religion will do. What is their goal ? To make the world a better place ? The irony, these types get a foot hold ,yet the people they are trying to 'save' still live and eat ****. Can you imagine if the world was dominated by these Luddites, TV, what's that? Pharmaceuticals? never heard of it. The 'remedy' I have disclosed elsewhere. We need a party to represent what the people want, the REFERENDUM party. A party that promises referendums on all the important things we want doing. The party manifesto would be by law binding. When a general election is called, the Referendum party would be included on a ballot card. However, if a voter ticks the Ref party they would also have to tick further boxes, i.e, immigration reform, hospitals, security etc. When all done and added up the boxes will take precedence and enacted as in the party manifesto. Cabinet members will be selected , not necessary MP's but people who have a tried and tested success in their particular field or sector. Existing party lines will mean nothing ,only capabilities matter. Ballot fixing will be eliminated as each voter will have to enter their N.I . No N.I no vote no exceptions. This will also make the vote result fast as would all future referendums .Seeing that the US having 4 and UK 5 years gov terms that havn't worked, the ref party would have 3years before a general election to be called. It would also prevent blame fever if things didn't go to plan ,as the people directly voted for who they wanted and what was done. True democracy, want some ?

Sponsored Links
I wasn't asked if we should go to war.

We live in a representative democracy, no, of course you were not asked.

:rolleyes:

100 000+ marched to protest against the war.

Out of a population of 60 million, half of which voted for Labour.

Ohhhhhh, what condemnation!

And what did they do afterwards?

Oh, they went home and grumbled on the internet.

The dossier was tricked up, to make a case for war where none existed.

Quite possibly, but then this does not make blair more culpibal than a whole group of other people, No, I am not a blair fan.

And to think that his re-election was a tacit acceptance / approval of his phoney war would be foolish

People voted for him, no one actually really pressures for him to face justice than internet keyboard warriers, Sorry no I disagree, if people really thought he was a war criminal they would not vote for him, the electorate are not that immoral.

The people that should be ashamed are the people that wanted us to pull out.

Iraq and Libya were run by brutal, tyrannical dictators. Countries like these probably need to be run this way to have any semblance of order, however unpalatable the leaders and their methods.

We keep blundering into such countries, inc. Afghanistan at our peril. Our meddling just results in destabilised countries and regions and ultimately a worse outcome for all. Sometimes better to appear to flatter the egos of such leaders in the hope that we can get them to curb some of their excesses in exchange for the pretence of maintaining diplomacy with them. Far less bloody for us than blundering in and doing our usual regime change fiasco. There's usually some oil to consider too.

for years I've heard to same things, nothing changes, only the same whinning

vote for the 'Referendum' party and directly decide whether to send troops etc to waste of time zones. Keep them out in all respects is the only wasy

The most ironic thing about all this is OIL, at the moment Iraqs oil is mainly in a 'safe' Shia area, the ISIS terrorists are Sunnis whose main power base is Saudi whereas Iraq are Shia.
OH yes the rebels in Syria are ISIS whereas Bashaar Al-Assad is aligned with Iran.
Everyone who knows the Middl-East could see these potential problems before G W Bush launched his ruinous attack.
Everyone bar politicians that is.
Now we have militant Islam seething right across the western world,

A little knowledge again. regimes in the past 100 odd years in the middle east have always used suppression. I'm talking 100 years as in since westerners have been there and supplied weapons and support, knowing full well [no pun intended] that oil was the only concern needing protection. Clan and bandit battles were going on in that part of the world since time began. Islam is cause to start trouble not the reason.

Our meddling just results in destabilised countries and regions and ultimately a worse outcome for all.

No

They were ****holes before we came, we made them better whilst we where there, they turned back into s**t because we didnt stay long enough.

I got the impression that they never wanted us there.

We must make an effort not to interfere with these primitive cultures. Leave them to it if that's what they want.

I got the impression that they never wanted us there.

We must make an effort not to interfere with these primitive cultures. Leave them to it if that's what they want.

Except we already went in, there are reasons to stay out, but not to pull out.

Going in increased stability, but also increased the risk of massive instability, we should have stayed the lenght required to repair that damage.

Sponsored Links
Back