Wet Bricks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently moved house and spotted these wet bricks. They are below the damp course and it's only those bricks that get wet.

They do dry out during the day but sometimes they are wet in the morning even if it's not been raining. Perhaps some condensation?

View media item 107872
Any ideas on what could be happening and my next steps?

Thanks all (y)

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Recently moved house and spotted these wet bricks. They are below the damp course and it's only those bricks that get wet.

They do dry out during the day but sometimes they are wet in the morning even if it's not been raining. Perhaps some condensation?

View media item 107872
Any ideas on what could be happening and my next steps?

Thanks all (y)

I thought there should be impervious bricks under the dpc.
Surely they are sucking water from the ground but as long as the water is not being passed above the dpc and the bricks not staying wet all the time i would not worry too much.

Do you have a water meter? Turn off your external stopcock and internal stopcock and see if the meter is still moving.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I thought there should be impervious bricks under the dpc.
Impervious DPC - yes.
Modern standards ask for sub-DPC bricks to be frost resistant/durable. Not always the case or not always used. Mortar should be 3:1.

Has the room inside got a concrete floor?

Do you know where the water supply pipe runs?

I think the leak is below the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back