Wet Conservatory Ceiling. ..Condensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My conservatory ceiling windows and white plastic bits are getting wet to the point where it collects in the white bits then drips out or down the wall.

Do i need to heat the conservatory at night or do i need to leave the ceiling fan at night on to circulate the air, I thought there might be a leak but I've checked and theres not so its got to be condensation.

Any advice will be most grateful.

Sponsored Links
What type of roof have you got.....I'm going to guess that the roof bars are aluminium with a plastic cover strip ( post a pic if you can ).

Sorry few questions first..

First question is , do you dry clothes in conservatory?

Do you heat it during the day?,
Are the doors between your house and conservatory open all the time?

Hi yes ally and plastic cover strips i have 2 sets of double doors that you can use to enter and no not open all the time i have 2 heaters in there but never use them..and i have a pic in my album but dont know how to link it to here

Sponsored Links
Hi Aubrey,

Do you dry clothes in the conservatory?, as I know some people use theirs for this

How often is the conservatory used?

You could indeed heat the conservatory, thus moving the condensed water back into a water vapour, but as soon as you turn the heating off and the room cools it will condensate again.

Best thing in my opinion is close the doors to the house , and open some windows in the conservatory , thus allowing the excess moisture to leave the property.

Just need adequate ventilation, heat will increase the airs ability to hold moisture content.

Just need adequate ventilation, heat will increase the airs ability to hold moisture content.

Hi yes but it will cost a bomb to keep the heat on all the time,,,would it work if i kept the ceiling fan on at night or just leave the windows open???

The ceiling fan *might* work, but very probably not.

Heating will only work if you produce enough heat, and the glass and frame is thermally efficient enough to stay warm on the inside. If it has poor thermal values it will either still allow condensation, or cost a packet to heat.

I would leave it unheated and leave some windows ajar, and accept it will be cold in the winter.

The ceiling fan *might* work, but very probably not.

Heating will only work if you produce enough heat, and the glass and frame is thermally efficient enough to stay warm on the inside. If it has poor thermal values it will either still allow condensation, or cost a packet to heat.

I would leave it unheated and leave some windows ajar, and accept it will be cold in the winter.

Ok I'll try that cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back