Wet Room, WC and Airing Cupboard or Large Kitchen Dinner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife and I have just bought a house. The size of the kitchen is ok, but behind it is a 4' room currently with nothing in.

I can not decide what is best to do with it!

We would like a larger room so that we can have a kitchen dinner (requires a lot of work) the only thing is we are probably going to move on in three years and its never goingt to pay fror itself!

As the house has a Combi boiler, there is no airing cupboard. Do I turn that 10' X 4' room into a WC with a 3' X 4' airing cupboard or spend more and undertake more work and install a wet room. I figure the wet room is more likely to add value than a WC with a airing cupboard!

What does everyone else think?

Thanks

Andrew

Sponsored Links
A utility room is a good selling point of houses these days. A little room where you can have a washer and dryer and freezer, possibly a second fridge, keeps the kitchen looking neat and tidy, also frees up cupboard space.

Not sure that a kitchen diner wouldn't add some value - certainly could make it easier to sell to a family market if that is appropriate to your house. Although I agree a utility is a nice selling feature also

Do you have a seperate dining room next to kitchen? If so then utility may be better. If not then I would say extending kitchen would be better.

Also could consider creating a combined utility/cloakroom in same space if you don't already have a seperate cloak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back