WF541 Major Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hotpoint washing machine is on the blink!

Did a couple of washes using wash enhance and a normal cycle 4.
On the second wash towards the end the wash enhance and the on/off buttons are flashing together.
Im guessing this is error code 1 but what does this mean?
Also what does the on/off flashing mean?

The filter was checked and seemed fine- there was a button removed from it and the soap input tray is all clean and sorted.

The machine seems to loop now and not do anything except make a noise as though it is filling with water.

Please help, hotpoint as usual just want to see extended warranties but not help

Thanks

Sponsored Links
first of all on the left is 4 or 5 leds /buttons which one /ones are flashing 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 etc ignore on off light

Evening
the only button flashing is the Wash Enhance button, so I guess its button one.

I put a wash on and there are further developments- the machine short circuits the fuse and fuses all the plugs in the kitchen, so they need resetting on the main fuse board.

Any ideas please?

fo8 error code heater relay / pcb faulty.you need to check heater for earth fault ,then pcb needs changeing you can get ex board for about 30 quid ,heater about 20 quid , the choice is yours :)

Sponsored Links
fo8 error code heater relay / pcb faulty.you need to check heater for earth fault ,then pcb needs changeing you can get ex board for about 30 quid ,heater about 20 quid , the choice is yours :)

Thanks for all this, it doesn't all make sense to me!
I guess an engineer will have to do the work and I presume he willhave to get the parts.

Do you or anyone else know of any engineers in the halifax area?

your best bet call hotpoint all in job 99.00 inc parts and labour cost of parts to you or another eng will be over a ton ,and he will have parts on van :D

wow wasnt expecting it to be so much tbh!

Can i get a service plan out and get this to cover it do you think?

yes you can ,dom and general insure it, but it will cost you 50 now but you have to wait 30 days to claim or pay 15.90 over 10 months yes 159.0 in total that gives you 1 years cover and covers you for the job details when you phone hotpoint or on there web .the good news next year cover is 60 quid :LOL:

just looked on the dom and general site and it says that claims can be made straight away.
Its 90 for the year or 7.50 a month which aint too bad.

Are you 100% that I'd have to wait 30days as it seems that it can be claimed straight away when the policy starts

it was domestic and general wasnt it ,if so give them a ring tomorrow and check go anon first and ask the question .if thats right go for it, ive been led to believe you cant claim for 30 days i could be wrong :eek:

yeah defo them.
AH well Ive sent them an email so we shall see

It does say that the policy can be cancelled at any time for a full refund so think ill take it out and then cancel it if they want me to wait 30days

Thanks very much for your help, ill let you know how i get on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back