WF541 throwing a fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son mistakenly put a wash on a boil wash so tried to flick it to pump out and now nothing is working...from flicking it to pump out it stuck on door locked light flashing and final rinse light solid. I tried to get it to do a full cycle and it stuck on door locked light flashing and wash light solid.

Unplugged, left alone, tried again same result although after unplugging you can open the door.

What next?

Sponsored Links
Anyone? I don't understand the error codes so...heres a pic

None of the side lights are on, just the 2 ringed

Cheers

Attachments

• washer del.png
    washer del.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 172
Have you checked the motor brushes

Erm...no. I didn't think it would be that as it was working fine until son flicked wash programme mid cycle. I will try check them tomorrow as the machine is in a tiny cupboard with a tumble drier on top.

Thanks Rocks1. Is that what the lights indicate, I just thought it was throwing a hissy fit for being switched mid cycle, it has done it before but some downtime seemed to "reset" it

Sponsored Links
Erm...

Can someone give me a clue where the motor is located on the WF541 please so I know if I have to take door frame off to get whole machine out or if it can be worked on in the cupboard? All my other hotpoint motors have been at the top, easy to change the brushes on but...I can't even see it on this machine, made harder by the fact its in a tiny cupboard and down a half step. (understair cupboard that used to be a coal bunker)

I have a sinking feeling....

Cheers

It's at the back remove lower white panel its held on by 2 bolts. Or if you tilt it right back look underneath you might be able to see it at the back.

Rocks1, you're a star but I need your help a bit more

Had a look, totally different brushes to what i'm used to...hex bolts as opposed to clip in. Anyway, as i was moving it around trying to get it out the cupboard the machine kept making burping noises so...I tried it and its working, (well filling and going round, not got to the emptying part yet) without touching anything. Could flicking programmes have caused an air lock/block or something, it really was belching out air as we moved it but...

I'm loathe to put it back in the cupboard if its likely to be brushes for them to go again in a few days because I guess jigging it around might have got them working again? I used to push the clip in ones in a bit harder that gave me a few more days while the new ones were ordered, has jigging it around done the equivalent?

So, whats the most likely cause of it packing in and then working again?

Ok, spoke too soon, door locked is flashing, wash and rinse&spin lights are on solid. No other lights on (except power) . It has pumped out but not spun. The drum was happily and smoothly turning until it just stopped...

They are the old brushes you are talking about. Been gone 14 years now. All the brushes are now under the drum on the motor. There is no reset it's just Sod's law that someone turn the dial round. You gonna have to pull it out to check them

Gotta buy a mini socket set to get to them...mine are too big so handwashing til Monday at least. I can see the brushes, the carbon is not touching on the left handed brush so once again it seems to be Rocks1 to the rescue.

Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back