What a waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been back to a bathroom renovation that I carried out in October last year to replace the WC seat for the second time. This time I expect to be paid (by the manufacturer) for doing so because it is exactly the same problem as last time.

However, whilst I was there doing this job the customer pointed out that the chrome plating was coming off the (supposedly) good quality basin waste. This is a nightmare because I will have to remove the basin from the pedestal in order to replace the waste fitting.

I should be able to get a replacement waste fitting FOC but who is going to pay for the consequential work involved?

please note 16

Sponsored Links
Interesting to know what happened to the wc seat twice.

Chrome will be affected by any number of things and must unlikely to be a manufacturing fault, could be wrong of course.

Silicon mastic and any number of household chemicals will remove the chrome or turn it black.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back