What about having a General election.

Might visit Houses of Parliament with my GTFO sign,,,and throw a bucket of water over that dude shouting "stop brexit" on the news. Watch out for me on my bike...Fancy a drink in the commons Jason...?You can show me round ?How will I recognise you?..I imagine you are the spit of Rees Mogg?!
:D yes that 'stop brexit' guy sounds like a typical ficko brexiteer, no wait, maybe he's confused, that one that feels betrayed and has now changed his mind we've potentially found him :LOL::LOL: im great i am, i keep telling the wife im gonna clone tons of my population paste because one day the whole world will realise how great i really am. (ok ease back on the white lines festive)

Meanwhile yes ill give you a hi5 Lets go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for this all to blow over (y)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You must have some alternative data to support your claim that it is fatuous?
I did invite you to dispute the facts, but mere claim to it being fatuous is not an acceptable argument.

Yes, to be a doorman for example at the house of commons you had to be a serving member of the armed forces. Stop being fatuous, your gonna make yourself look incredibly dim. Head doorman for HoC is a fellow named Ian Chapman (British)

Well perhaps you can refute the facts that the journo referred to?
And the bit to which you were referring was not obvious.

Maybe this directly from the House of commons (really don't know why I bothered) will persuade you.

"
Dear ----

Thank you for contacting us.

I am happy to confirm that this is indeed incorrect. It is possible that, in reporting the incident, the author was perhaps making a point about the person who made that claim, rather than lending credence to it?

Very best wishes,

Yours sincerely

Jean

Yes, to be a doorman for example at the house of commons you had to be a serving member of the armed forces. Stop being fatuous, your gonna make yourself look incredibly dim. Head doorman for HoC is a fellow named Ian Chapman (British)
Then I suggest you take up your grievance with the journalist.
But your original point was inappropriate, misdirected and misleading.
I think all credibility was lost there, sad journalism when you resort to making things up.
It wasn't my made up fact.
It wasn't clear which fact or facts you were referring to.
It doesn't discredit the original claim. It only provides circumstantial evidence that it could be incorrect, but not fatuous. The journalist might have been making a figurative point. That isn't fatuous.
The person making the comment might have been talking figuratively. That isn't fatuous.

The full context of the comment:
I understand the grievances of many of those who voted to leave the E.U. For starters, they felt swamped by E.U. immigrants. There are reportedly some 300,000 French citizens living in London, which would make it one of the biggest French cities in the world. I had a drink with a member of Parliament in the bar in the House of Commons on Tuesday, and as we sat down he whispered to me that “not a single person working in this whole building is British.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/02/opinion/brexit-news.html

Last edited:
Maybe this directly from the House of commons (really don't know why I bothered) will persuade you.

"
Dear ----

Thank you for contacting us.

I am happy to confirm that this is indeed incorrect. It is possible that, in reporting the incident, the author was perhaps making a point about the person who made that claim, rather than lending credence to it?

Very best wishes,

Yours sincerely

Jean

Quit chatting s**t.
Precisely.
You claim that one person working in the whole of the building may not be British so that makes the comment fatuous!
I do not think you understand the definition of fatuous.

And still no data to dispute the comment, just circumstantial anecdote.

In fact your anecdotal circumstantial evidence is discredited:
Traditionally the post of Serjeant at Arms was filled by a retired military officer, but in 2008 a civil servant, Jill Pay, was selected as the first woman to hold the appointment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serjeant-at-Arms_of_the_House_of_Commons_(United_Kingdom)
I think you should stop talking whatever it is you talk.

Precisely.
You claim that one person working in the whole of the building may not be British so that makes the comment fatuous!

I understand perfectly what fatuous means, in this case jasonzyx.

Precisely.

And still no data to dispute the comment, just circumstantial anecdote.

In fact your anecdotal circumstantial evidence is discredited:
Traditionally the post of Serjeant at Arms was filled by a retired military officer, but in 2008 a civil servant, Jill Pay, was selected as the first woman to hold the appointment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serjeant-at-Arms_of_the_House_of_Commons_(United_Kingdom)
I think you should stop talking whatever it is you talk.

FFS, I think you should take your meds.

:LOL::LOL: he can't EddieM he's a chat bot ffs, who else has such limited reasoning and logic?

I think you should take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.
Still no data to support your fatuous claim that the journalist was inventing stuff?
Just insults. Typical behaviour from someone in these threads when their argument falls to pieces.

Sponsored Links
Back