What are the hammer on nuts called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Simple one for someone, I need to replace the bearings on our push chair wheels.

The fixing nut fitted has been hammered onto the bolt, I have seen these before when putting together (of all things) a Cossie Coupe for the kids, but I do not know the official trade name for them to do a search. As I will need to cut it off and replace it.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Spire nuts is the brand name, spire used to be the main manufacturer in the uk, probably all Chinese now.
I used to have their catalogue vast range or there used to be.

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering now if they still exist or have they gone the way of most british manufacturing companies, I dealt with them and they were very helpful mind you I was working a for a major national company at the time. Spire was the registered trade Mark can't remember the actual name of the company ........now I've got to find out if they're still about !

I'm wondering now if they still exist or have they gone the way of most british manufacturing companies, I dealt with them and they were very helpful mind you I was working a for a major national company at the time. Spire was the registered trade Mark can't remember the actual name of the company ........now I've got to find out if they're still about !

Typical that the repair I need to make uses parts from a defunct company possibly!

www.designassemblies.co.uk

Couldn't let it rest, going since 1965 that's them, the original manufacturers. They were there when things started to change from a design and manufacturing perspective especially in motor vehicles.

They don't seem to manufacture the nuts you want anyone !!!!! They used to ! Sorry !!!!! The nuts you want used to be called spire nuts !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back