What are these things poking out the flat roof?

Sponsored Links
Flying leap of a guess is that they are for harness clips to run along. To keep people from falling off the roof?
Never seen them quite like that though...

good call. spot on. there are photos if google roof harness arrestor posts.
the ones in mwrooflines photos are retrofits and they are allowing water into the flat roof. expansion bubbles can be seen.bad roof.
the vent pipe is different to ones ive seen?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
the cove above the fascia looks like a wood gutter with lead lining.looks like its failing.
theres also a maybe problem where the parapet cover meets the fascia. just thought i'd mention what you probly now.

Submarine? Is it in Portsmouth?

Anyway, if you are quoting for that job and working off that roof, then you will need to be trained in the use of fall arrest and roof access systems and have your own suitable PPE to connect to it.

Thanks for the replies. It’s a small double storey flat roof. We’re not working on or near it, it was behind what I was looking at. We don’t do flat roofs or work off flat roofs, we just do fascias and cladding off scaffold so I hadn’t a clue what they were. I thought they were gas canisters

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back