What are you off over Christmas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I finish up on the 22nd Dec, work a day between Christmas and New Year, back to work on the 3rd Jan.

Sponsored Links
Christmas Day off, probably Boxing Day as well, along with New Year Day.

I am self employed and have a "she wot scowls at me" indoors...

luckily - now retired - so have loads of time over xmas
with a family and divorced , it was always difficult to work out when working - usually i had the 3 workdays Off between boxing day and new year

Paid the lads until the end of the week, but finished today. I've asked them to do a couple of hours in the morning WD40'ing the tools, changing blades, charging batteries, maybe wash the van etc.
Back on the 8th provided I don't have any skiing hiccups. Finished a 7 month contract out in the back of beyond, working for some wealthy but nice folk. The last job we did was the image below. Can anyone spot the difference..... :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Second photo at a slightly different angle and flagstones dug from in front of patio.

I'm off until end of life because, I too have fully retired. :cool:

Over the wall on the left, new structure/thingy below dormer?

one of the first jobs i had, Electronics field Engineer , i had to do a full car stock take on christmas eve morning , loads and loads of electonic components ... all paper work and had to be posted off. But no time off over xmas
As a computer field Engineer , i was often on call over the xmas period, no kids at that time , so happy to be paid to be on standby

I should've been a surveyor, could have done it without getting out of the car...

Well I was planning to be off all this week, then a mate asked me to help him refurb 3 windows: timber subframe steel crittall type opening sashes, individual georgian leaded lights. It’s a listed building, built 1700s, windows are in a right state, we’ve in the process of remaking 8 of the leaded lights (individually soldered lead cane), remove bottom rails scarf jambs and the brickwork below the cill was a split course and it’s all crumbling so will be needing to that too. “Couple of days” said my mate :ROFLMAO:

I had promised to do some work at stuff at home, now a bit delayed and in the dog house. Oops

On the plus side the Customer popped out for a chat and gave me a bottle of decent Rioja.

Im taking Jan off to make and fit a new kitchen at home

Sponsored Links
Back