What are you watching on TV right now?

Sponsored Links
Worry, not - the older you become, the faster is flies.
Yeah, thanks for that.

My neighbour said as much to me 24 years ago at a get together we arranged. I said as much to him.

1983 I was starting college for the first time.

What happened to all those years?

Sponsored Links
I've been watching the series on the mystery around the sinking of the 'MS Estonia' it has been quite fascinating.

Shackleton's Cabin on BBC4 last night took an interesting look into the great man's final hours and the project to restore the ship's cabin after it was moved from a back garden, where it had been used as a garden shed, to a museum in Eire where people can see just how he lived and worked aboard the Quest on its voyage to Antarctica in 1922. Catch-up on Iplayer if you missed it.
Saw his grave and memorial in South Georgia back in ‘82. The church has an organ powered by electricity from a water turbine driven by the melting ice.

Just came across an old Dave Allen sketch.
He must be the father of observational humour.
Around his time most comedians were one liner comedians.
His sketch about the tenner stuck under a car tyre says a lot about human nature.

"Bank of Dave".

Set in, believe it or not, Burnley and very loosely based on a true story. Corny but enjoyable.

I find it strange. I can go to Spotify and listen to any tune I wish, including some very rare soul and white label stuff from my youth.

Try that with films and it's a bunch of greedy conglomerates pumping out bargain basement ****e not willing to offer the whole catalogue or not without pay even more for a single film, or 'rent a box selection'.

Same as sky now actually charging you an extra £5 month if you don't watch adverts..yeah bye iptv much better deal.

I've boycott Netflix et all and resorted to the likes of 'free' resources for now out of principle

I find it strange. I can go to Spotify and listen to any tune I wish, including some very rare soul and white label stuff from my youth.

Try that with films and it's a bunch of greedy conglomerates pumping out bargain basement ****e not willing to offer the whole catalogue or not without pay even more for a single film, or 'rent a box selection'.

Same as sky now actually charging you an extra £5 month if you don't watch adverts..yeah bye iptv much better deal.

I've boycott Netflix et all and resorted to the likes of 'free' resources for now out of principle
You can find Youtube channels that'll show classic/vintage movies from way back - you can easily skip past any advert and enjoy some real gems, any time you like.

Sponsored Links
Back