What boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I have reached decision to renew the boiler.
I would like to achieve a warm utility room (where the boiler is going to be housed) via the residual heat from the boiler.
I have been told that this will not happen because the latest boilers (probably going to use Worcester) are so efficient that there is no residual heat and therefore I would be wasting my money attempting it.
Whilst I agree that the modern boilers are far better than before, surely there must be some heat leak from them, even a small amount?

My sister had a new Grant boiler system fitted 3 years ago and her utilty area is warm via the heat leaking from the boiler, which is what I want.

Are the boilers available today so different to those of 3 years ago?

Can anyone recommend a boiler that will do what I am looking for?

stephan

Sponsored Links
If you want heat in a room then you have to fit a radiator.

A boiler is not a radiator and is designed to lose the minimum heat, perhaps 300W.

If only you read the existing forum postings you would see the what boiler question is asked every week and gets the same replies and that few installers here like Worcester boilers.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back