What Building Regulation Fee Do I need To pay?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so building starts in about 2 weeks. Builder asked me to sort out the building control thing.
Looking at the fee structure, trying to decide what to do.
Do i just do the basic B2 (I am assuming all fee structures are the same in all councils), i.e.

B02 Separate single storey extension with floor area exceeding 40m² but not exceeding 100m²

and then the Part P will be something the sparky will do as part of the fitting (building is arranging this).

Does that sound right?

https://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/plann...ication/pay-the-correct-building-control-fee/

Hope to submit before the price goes up £20 in a few days!

Sponsored Links
For a Notice, you pay one fee depending on what you are doing.

For plans, you pay a checking fee then an inspection fee. Again depending on what you are doing.

Some councils cheekly try and get you to pay Part P fees in addition, but I understand this is not lawful as the one fee for the whole works covers it

ah, that makes sense. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Stupid council website.

OK, so they give 3 payment options:
  1. receive an invoice
  2. send a cheque
  3. pay by phone
I was going to request an invoice, thinking that this would be easiest, but when I started to do so it asked for a postal address first, and what with Easter coming up, I thought by phone would be more sensible as the invoice would be stuck in the post. So I selected that.

Get an email, which says - if you asked for an invoice, your submission is automatically accepted immediately and the invoice will be emailed, but if you chose by phone, it will take a few days for us to look at it and get back to you.

Now, why the hell didn't they say that in the first place, before I bloody submitted it!!??!?!

Grrrr.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back