What can I do myself in Scotland?

My BC is on the end of a flexible hose, which is part of the cooker.

I do know that some hobs specify, or allow, the use of a flexible hose, and that with gas appliances MIs override the regulation(s) requiring rigid pipes, so....

Sponsored Links
The problem is that this site recently changed the software package(s) it uses, and the Wiki facility is now so execrable that I, for one, have lost all appetite for working with it, so I, for one, am no longer keeping articles up to date.
It certainly has it's quirks and frustrating 'features', but I think you'll find that replacing and out-of-date link with an up-to-date one is pretty easy/straightforward.

If no-one is willing/able/inclined to do that, I would think we ought to remove any wiki pages which we know (or discover) contain information which is no longer correct and/or up-to-date.

Kind Regards, John

The problem is that this site recently changed the software package(s) it uses, and the Wiki facility is now so execrable that I, for one, have lost all appetite for working with it, so I, for one, am no longer keeping articles up to date.
It certainly has it's quirks and frustrating 'features', but I think you'll find that replacing and out-of-date link with an up-to-date one is pretty easy/straightforward.

If no-one is willing/able/inclined to do that, I would think we ought to remove any wiki pages which we know (or discover) contain information which is no longer correct and/or up-to-date.

Kind Regards, John
As you find that replacing and out-of-date link with an up-to-date one is pretty easy/straightforward, then when you know (or discover) that a page contains information which is no longer correct and/or up-to-date then you can easily edit it rather than remove it.

As you find that replacing and out-of-date link with an up-to-date one is pretty easy/straightforward, then when you know (or discover) that a page contains information which is no longer correct and/or up-to-date then you can easily edit it rather than remove it.
I could - but, to be frank, I have no particular interest in updating, or inclination to update, material which relates to regulations etc. in Scotland. If no-one else feels inclined to do that, either, then I would suggest that the mods probably should remove anything persisting which is incorrect, misleading, dangerous or out-of-date.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
How would the mods know that?
Either by being 'vigilant' or (more likely) having the issue brought to their attention by one of us (that involves minimal effort, so I wouldn't not be averse to doing it :) ). (... and, yes, before you ask, I have done that on a good few occasions in my time!).

Kind Regards, John

I could - but, to be frank, I have no particular interest in updating, or inclination to update, material which relates to regulations etc. in Scotland.
Then your ONLY moral course of action is to lobby the mods with equal frequency of occasion to have this forum renamed as "Electrics England" and to have the site make people in Scotland use the "Electrics outside England" forum.

I hadn't realized they never did anything in this respect. DId they ever put electrical work into their regulations at all, requiring reasonable safety or whatever?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back