what car for graft

if your only ever going to be using them tools an estate or mpv but if your going to get back more into the domestic side of things go for a crewcab van

Sponsored Links
Ended up getting an astravan when my combo blew up,we've had the 56 plate leon from new and now we are after a new car. Still needing the seats as i've had the astravan a year now i'm struggling to ship the kids around. Do i keep the van and part ex the leon for a new car or get a new car and keep the leon and get rid of the van. Like i say i'm a site joiner direct for a house builder and all i carry is tools to and from work. Any ideas? ps the wife wants a new fiesta.

Check out the values of the BMW 3 series estates, for a general purpose workhorse......02 plate 2 litre petrol, 100k, £1200.
Carry anything you want in comfort and style!
John :)

Sponsored Links
You can get a half decent Citroen C5 estate for £500-600, they are huge inside and the 2.0.Hdi does 50+mpg.

Peter

Its either keep the astravan or take the 56 plate seat leon. Could do with the extra seats or has anyone managed to carry joiners tools around in a hatchback?

The 8th Gen Civic has a "secret compartment" in the boot that you can store a heck of a lot of stuff in !

civboot.jpg

The compartment cover is hinged so that when it's shut it's flush with the boot floor.
Oh yeah.. load securing hooks everywhere too

...has anyone managed to carry joiners tools around in a hatchback?

I use an old Polo for work. Fold the seats down quick and easy and you can get a good few toolboxes and power tools in it. I always keep a small tarp in the back in case I need to pop to the shops on the way home from work. Out of sight and all that ;)

All my mates with vans are always either getting pulled over and questioned by the old bill just for driving a van, or getting broken into and having their stuff nicked. Got the cops AND the robbers giving them grief!

My grief with a hatchback and tools is that the load floor is usually below the lip of the hatch, meaning you have to lift the toolbox up and out. I'm lazy, with my estate and a level load floor the toolbox just slides out.

C5 estate again, not only is it huge inside but you can raise or lower the back to facilitate loading. You will probably pick up a reasonable one for about £500 and they will do 50+mpg.

Peter

Any of the VAG 1.9TDI's would be a good choice (A4, Passat etc). I've run those engines up to 250k miles and beyond.

Yes to VAG

A4 Estate 2001 on seem to hold their value regardless, high build quality

Sponsored Links
Back