What cladding do you all use?

Photo bucket makes money from advertising, that's all those scripts are
How do you know?

I don't, you don't, that is why you have admin passwords, anti virus, ad-block, virtual browsers and anti malware.

And it's not just the risk of cross-site attacks, there are also privacy, tracking, advertising issues.

There is protecting your privacy, and then there is the metaphorical living in the woods wearing a tinfoil hat.

Noscript breaks most websites without time consuming fiddling to white-list individual scripts and become familiar with domains, a waste of time for the average user as the hassle far outweighs the potential benefit.

Sponsored Links
I don't, you don't, that is why you have admin passwords, anti virus, ad-block, virtual browsers and anti malware.
No - that's why I will not place any reliance whatsoever on your assertion that "that's all those scripts are".

There is protecting your privacy, and then there is the metaphorical living in the woods wearing a tinfoil hat.
You may think that not allowing every single person in the world to run whatever they like on your PC without you even knowing about it is a mad tinfoil-hat wearing position. Others who think more rationally might decide that deciding that no harm could possibly arise from allowing that is actually the mad POV.

Noscript breaks most websites without time consuming fiddling to white-list individual scripts and become familiar with domains
Don't be ridiculous.

You may think that not allowing every single person in the world to run whatever they like on your PC without you even knowing about it is a mad tinfoil-hat wearing position.

Oh of course, if you don't run noscript then it is an anything goes wild west:rolleyes:

Noscript breaks most websites without time consuming fiddling to white-list individual scripts and become familiar with domains
Don't be ridiculous.[/quote]

Why is it ridiculous, this is specifically how no-script works, this is what is specifically laid out in how to use it guides?

You have probably spent 10x more time fiddling with no-script than you will ever spend dealing with a virus.

Sponsored Links
Oh of course, if you don't run noscript then it is an anything goes wild west:rolleyes:
That's an exaggeration.

But you have agreed that you don't know what all the scripts do, and without any measures to block them you really are allowing every single site you ever visit to run whatever scripts it wants to, and to allow whatever 3rd party sites it gives authority to to also run scripts. And you'll not be asked, not be told, and be unaware of all this. Hardly sounds like a recipe for safety and security to me.

Why is it ridiculous, this is specifically how no-script works, this is what is specifically laid out in how to use it guides?
I run NoScript, you don't.

Which of us is more likely to know how much time it takes up?

You have probably spent 10x more time fiddling with no-script than you will ever spend dealing with a virus.
When was the last time you were in a car crash?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back