What colour roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The council have sent us a letter to say that they are replacing the roof and they took a picture of the colour of the tiles that they would be using so we could choose one. They then said they will endeavour to select your choice, however the final colour choice will be selected on a majority decision so there is a consistency in a street or block. So as i live on a long road and there is only 3 council houses by me i don't know if they mean they want the roofs to look like the bought houses or just the council ones. The tiles that are on my roof should be red but years of this british weather have turned the tiles brown just like the other roofs. So if we had red tiles our house would stick out like a sore thumb so i was wondering what colour tiles would look best between tudor brown, breckland brown, slate grey, farmhouse red.

Sponsored Links
Can depend very much on your wall colour. Brick, render or whatever.

Never looks good when the walls & roof are similar colour in my opinion.
Unless of course it's all local natural material, which for Council houses is unlikely.

Sponsored Links
I noticed all the colours you listed were concrete colours so its not a massive decision because in 10 -15 yrs most concrete colours fade and end up a brownish colour anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back