What do gas engineers install in their own homes?

Santon direct solar cylinder(unvented),evacuated tubes.
Atag a325 combi with preheated hot water via an intasol valve.

Sponsored Links
Baxi Inset BBU, Pre-insulated Manco monster cylinder (kids love the power shower off of it). Adequate ventilation to front room, plus CO detector. Danfoss 'y' plan (big mistake, get Honeywell...)

The BBU gets serviced every three years or so, whether it needs it or not.

I only fit 'A' rated boilers tho'. And repair them. And repair them. And repair them. And thaw out frozen condensate runs. And retro fit magnetic filters. And power flush. And explain how to programme room thermostats. And cancel 'Optimisation' options.

Still, thats progress. :rolleyes:

DH

home =Halstead Bently , was surplus to requirements some 16 years ago (?)

Parts replaced = none faults= intemittent pilot jet has blocked on about 8 (?) occasions !

Office =J&S reno 2 years , faults none , verdict on them generally total & utter carp !

2 rentall props Biasi riva compacts B rated combis , 4 /5 years (?) no problems to date !

Broag Remeha 35c Combi fed by a GAH Softstream water Softener boiler controlled by Remeha opentherm i-sense weather compensator
3 years old problems so far - NILL ;)

Sponsored Links
I've got a Intergas HRE 36/30 combi with an isense opentherm room stat :D

nothing like telling people that the boiler your installing for them is the same one that you have in you own house ;)

Veisman vitadens, megaflo unvented cylinder, unipipe ufh ground floor, stelrad compacts 1st floor, honeywell zone valves and programmable wireless stats

Thorn Olympic wall mounted balanced flue, circa 1983

In that time it has had 2 Honeywell v4600 gas valves which I think is one more than it should have got through.

About 4 thermocouples and I have only cleaned it out 6 times since I moved here in 1986.

I've threw about 3 portions of inhibitor in over the last 25 years and the same old SMC pump is still bopping away merrily.

Santon direct solar cylinder(unvented),evacuated tubes.

Does that circ the direct water through ( past ) the solar tubes?

If not then how are they connected, plate HE etc. ?

Tony

Well Chris R has a 25 year old Netaheat.

Doitall had a 30 y.o. Servowarm until last month when he fitted an Intergas combi.

That was after a lifetime of running down combi boilers!

How did you know that Tony :LOL:

You forgot the Alpha R heat only boiler in my hideaway. 3 winters and not missed a beat. :rolleyes:

Doitall had a 30 y.o. Servowarm until last month when he fitted an Intergas combi.

That was after a lifetime of running down combi boilers!

How did you know that Tony :LOL:

It was obvious when you said:-

Just ordered the 24/18 compact HRE to replace my 36 year old Servowarm. :rolleyes:

Now as the worlds biggest slagger off of bean cans and combi's, this is a major step forward, and the boiler is going to be very well documented on the forums for the world and his wife to read. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back