What do I need to buy...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daughter has bought flat. In kitchen she has had installed washing machine which is cold feed only. Beneath the sink the little feed with the blue 'tap' on it is open to allow the water into the machine. The one with the red 'tap' on is closed as it's not needed....however the threaded base is not capped/blocked off and I fear that in stowing and removing things from the cupboard where these are sited, she may unwittingly bash this valve partially open and have water leaking ( would that happen?).

Is it a 'blank nut' she needs to buy to screw onto the thread and close it off, or is it something else? Where do I go about buying said item and what doI ask for? Are they of a standard size or do I have to get her to measure the valve?

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi

3/4 blanking nut will do the job.

HTH

Thanks very much for the speedy reply, tincup! Can I get that at B+Q etc or do I have to go to a plumbers merchants and buy them by the dozen?

Sponsored Links
Make sure it comes with, or you buy seperately, a rubber washer to fit it.

Tony

Would a compression end cap not be better, as the pipe already has the olive and nut in place?

Buy a plumber, they are pretty cheap now, most wedging their certificates under wobbly dining room table leg...........

Of course if money is really very tight you could just take the lever off so that it couldn't be knocked (it's always better to cap it). ;)

Somebody at WRAS is having a fit at this very moment.
Old plumbers you've got to love 'em. They may be ruff as a badgers ar5eh0le but they'll always surprise you with little nuggets like that. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back