What Do Professional Plumbers Think Of Push Fit?

I cant see who your trying to have a go at?
i offered myself as a dupe so feel free ;)

Sponsored Links
I cant see who your trying to have a go at?
I offered you information in form of links to topics that have previously included discussions on the merits, or otherwise, or plastic pipe and push-fit fittings.

I also pointed out that someone who offered an opinion on plumbing fittings claims not to do plumbing.

Sponsored Links
irish-drinking-beer.gif

anyway explain why swedes use stainless and compression fittings?
ever seen a swedish outside tap?

hep 20 pipes and fittings are used pretty much exclusively around multi milion pound sailing yahcts for domestic cold and hot water systems and heating with very few problems. The only problems seem to be with poor assembly ie. not pushing them in until they bottom, or not fitting the stainless inserts or the best one I came across was when some one managed to leave out the clamp ring. They are also used in 100psi air lines around some of the boat factories which is a good test.
They can sometimes give problems on the suction side of pumps where they have been known to let air into the system and let the water drain back into the storage tanks.

Hep2O is used on air lines? I thought it was only for water.

What do you mean they air let into the system on the suction side of a a pump? Either it is sealed or not sealed.

Seen it happen twice around 8 years and funny enough they both had worcester 24i combi fitted that had overheated and pressure had backed up into cold main and split it ,not even a drop out of prv. When i asked worcester reps they gave a knowing look but would not admit too much

Pressure had backed up into cold main? The CH system should not be connected to the mains.

If the system is piped properly the discharge valve would open. Looks like piped up wrong and poor quality pipe components.

Bigburner pray tell how a combi can work without being connected to the cold mains.
Both boilers where piped up perfectly and yes prv valve should have opened first but didnt

Bigburner pray tell how a combi can work without being connected to the cold mains.
I'll take that one.

There's nothing wrong with Bigburner's statement.

All combi MIs stipulate that the appliance is to be disconnected from the mains. The mains can be used to pressurise, and is a very convenient method, but it isn't the only way of doing it.

EH and where does the water that comes out the hot tap come from. Who mentioned heating side,

anyway explain why swedes use stainless and compression fittings?
ever seen a swedish outside tap?

sorry I had forgot this mundane thread.

stainless i believe due to the extreme drop in teperature that can occur they dont even trust copper, and as for this plastic carp its just cheap and nasty probabley developed by the americans, the out side tap has a 2 ft shaft and the tap is inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back