What do you guys think of pvc skirting & where to get fr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title guys,

a friend of mine has told me that it looks really nice and although a little expensive to buy there is little maintenance afterwards. My only concern is open ends for example where the baluster meets the wall the skirting needs to stop before hand and somehow the end needs to be finished off openly but its hard to rubb down pvc without leaving a dark graze behind.

Sponsored Links
kilo - IMO placka trim has no place in the home (it looks cheap & nasty) and if it has to be used at all should be kept outside. One reason for skirting is to prevent damage to the wall surface (eg. vacuum cleaner bump), with a timber (or mdf) product repair/refinishing is possible. All you can do with placka is to wipe off a mark. Placka end caps will come off in time, or after the first knock.

actually guys its for my business premises

i need a cheap option as we are beyond the budget kept for the project

kilo -
Symptoms";p="1012302 said:
kilo - IMO placka trim has no place in the home ... quote]

Substitute "office" for "home"

Primed mdf I'll bet is cheaper ???

Sponsored Links
snap lol

ive just been looking at some primed MDF and it is miles cheaper and to be honest looks nice too. Im probably going to collect some tomorrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back