What do you remember about the 70s?

Sponsored Links
Flamin' heck!

All the above memories and more besides!
Going to upper seniors, first 'REAL' girlfriend, first solo ride on a motorbike, (Yamaha 125), leaving school, starting work, first wage (£5 as a trainee piano repairer), going to pubs/clubs, the music, the fashions, holidays with the mates, getting engaged/married, first child in 1979 and loads, loads more!

Fantastic era/decade!

Girls were easier to please in the 70s.

Let them have a go on your chopper, and they would often get their Spangles out. :eek: ;)

Sponsored Links
DIY car repairs were massive back then and down at the local pub it would be one of the main topics of conversation.
Someones "master cylinder" had always broken in the 70s :D (I never did find out what one was but as you never hear of them today they must have been a thing of the time)!

Scores of different DIY car repair magazines could be bought from newsagents and I can remember a weekly one being advertised on TV week by week it was going to build into the most comprensive car repair magazine ever (It would have cost you £10.000 for you to buy them all :D ).

The master cylinder is the one which pushes the hydraulic fluid through the pipe to the slave cylinder/s. Which then acts on either the brake or the clutch. They were all hydraulic clutches in those days so cars had two master cylinders. Nowadays most clutches are operated by a cable, so modern cars will usually just have a brake master cylinder.

I changed the gearbox on my dad's Ford Cortina in the 70's. Took a few hours, but was relatively easy. Changed a few master cylinders on it too and adjusted the clutch and rear brakes. Cars were easy to work on in the 70's. almost everything could be changed/worked on. Modern cars however are completely different beasts, designed for garage technicians to work on. ;) ;)

Yeah, the way cars are going you'll soon need a "special tool" to open the bonnet.

.....though that wouldn't be a problem....there's a few "special tools" on this forum.

Blondie
Kate Bush
Beer 20p a pint, ruined my economy when it went up to 25p
petrol 60p a gallon
milletts
denim everything
hi karate after shave
blondie
oliver newton john in those leather trousers
everything looking so very tired or demolished
powercuts
rubbish in the street
crap tinned beer, longlife, whitbreads tankard, watneys red
glam rock
blondie
penthouse
3 t.v channels
colour t.v

First car was a Triumph Herald then my Dad's old Morris Oxford. Took the head off that, changed the valve guides and decoked. And it worked afterwards. :eek:

Ahh, Hai Karate in the green bottle. Can you still get it?
What about Watneys Party Sevens? Great they were,7 pints of party fun. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Almost guaranteed to get you laid (just as long as the girl drank them ) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

EDIT Hai Karate wasn't in a green bottle , I'm getting confused now with Henry Coopers' Splash It All Over aftershave "Brut 33"
What a smell I can still (almost) remember it.

"chick" eh, you're still talking like your back in the seventies. Have you got your bell bottoms on and your flowery shirt? :LOL:

The three day week

Power Cuts

No bread

No coal

The Winter of Discontent

Happy Days :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back