What do you remember about the 70s?

Ahh the 70's. Flared jeans, cheesecloth shirts. First rock concerts. my very first rock concert was to see Wishbone Ash, 2nd rock concert was to see Yes.
Saw Rory Gallagher, Ginger Baker.Status Quo,Deep Purple, Alvin Lee (of Ten Years After) Wizzard. I even managed to see Queen in concert.
The first real love of my life,,(broke my heart after 18 months). My first taste of life away from home (Loughborough College of Education).
First time in a pub without my parents (was 16 and a pint of bitter was 13 and a half pence. The hot summers seemed never ending.
I used to go to the Coop disco on Fridays (rock music night) , after a pub crawl around town. Twas 50p to get in, but it was 25p a pint for Double Diamond)
A group of us used to sneak out of 6th form on Monday mornings and go to a local pub till after dinnertime (great fun). God if I could only go back, knowing what I know now. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Ahh Blakes 7, school mates dad was the producer!!

By 1979 my first motobike was had.

Concerts were mainly at Hammersmith Odeon, Genesis, Sabbbath, ect.

Sponsored Links
Phooooarr yeah Sally.

Also in the same vein as Blakes 7, The Tomorrow People, younger audience but still good.

Started my apprenticeship and dreamed of buying a Triumph Dolomite Sprint. Closest I got was a 1.3 Marina.

Sponsored Links
Back