What do you spend your spare cash on?

Sponsored Links
i am off a generation [69]where you never spend all your spare cash
at my stage in life no mortgage no debts no car and around £250 a week to spend more than half about £130-140 is spare now after frustrating attempt to give to the younger generation son and family [who rightly have pride] so a sad affair with no joy in general trying to give funds to help them i spend perhaps 30-40% on battery tools from the ryobi and dewalt stable [that i really really dont need ]-- do you think around 50 battery tools with a motor is ott yes i do
if you include lighting usb power and cameras its probably 75-80 o_O

Aircraft memorabilia, Sushi, Pizza, and electronic gadgets.

Sponsored Links
Nearly always the spare cash goes the way of the offspring!

Latest is one of ours is taking a sabbatical and traveling to an area that doesn't always have great/any phone reception.

So we've just splashed out on a Sat Phone and a Zoleo backup.
(no doubt we'll be footing any out of plan costs as well!)

Our kids are independent in both thinking and finance and they’re not even high flying, jet setting, in-demand, highly educated, ex international bi-lingual life long learning uni students! Sometime 'kids' can be jut too clever to earn a living. We spend our spare cash on premium bonds or just chuck it in the savings accounts.

Our kids are independent in both thinking and finance and they’re not even high flying, jet setting, in-demand, highly educated, ex international bi-lingual life long learning uni students! Sometime 'kids' can be jut too clever to earn a living. We spend our spare cash on premium bonds or just chuck it in the savings accounts.
They are of course sadly disadvantaged children...

They have a stalker troll father who voted to limit their life choices!

Independent in thinking. What's their thoughts on brexit ? Identical to yours or do they have thoughts about it ?

But we're getting there...

Eldest is now just finishing off his uni course in business and accounting. Wants to be a financial adviser.
Middle lad has gone for an apprenticeship in IT which he is just waiting for the final certificate to be signed off.

And youngest lad is at the end of U VI. One of his exams is Sport and Fitness and hopefully he will be looking forward to a placement in NZ doing rugby coaching next year.

The first 2 have passed their tests, the youngest has just taken his and failed.

To be fair, the others failed first time as well, so hopefully he'll pass second time too.

So we're nearly there!

We continually spend less than we earn, so the bank balance rises every month. When we get a few £k in the bank we look at the next major job that needs doing to this old house we bought.

The concept of "spare" cash seems stupid to me. It implies a short term thinking problem, implying that all the money needs blowing on something before the end of the month. It was probably how I lived in my 20s, definitely not when we got older and wiser. You never know when the boiler's going to blow up, or you're going to lose your job. You need money in the bank to cope with life's shocks.

The concept of "spare" cash seems stupid to me. It implies a short term thinking problem, implying that all the money needs blowing on something before the end of the month.
I take it to mean 'expendable income', the money that isn't already spoken for & can be spent at will & leisure. I calls it pocket money :)

But we're getting there...

Eldest is now just finishing off his uni course in business and accounting. Wants to be a financial adviser.
Middle lad has gone for an apprenticeship in IT which he is just waiting for the final certificate to be signed off.

And youngest lad is at the end of U VI. One of his exams is Sport and Fitness and hopefully he will be looking forward to a placement in NZ doing rugby coaching next year.

The first 2 have passed their tests, the youngest has just taken his and failed.

To be fair, the others failed first time as well, so hopefully he'll pass second time too.

So we're nearly there!
Most people learn from success and also get stronger given the odd blip...

If they haven't done already, they'll give you a well done in the parenting job at some point!

Edit: Spent a while in NZ quite a while back and loved it. Don't be surprised if he doesn't come back!

Sponsored Links
Back