what do you think of fiat punto

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to buy a second car to get to work, thinking about a fiat punto, any comments on them? gonna spend £3-4k nothing special

Sponsored Links
As long as it's the current shape they are good cars, although if you don't need the space may I suggest a Panda, they are excellent little cars.

Hello friends.
I am Jackbency from United state of America and I need car but I can not afford new car. So please suggest me that which I should buy used car? but it must have good average and good designed. If anyone want to suggest me, then send suggetions as soon as fast.
Thank you very much in advance.

I have a mk 2b Punto (53 plate 2004). It will probably shock everyone to hear this, but it has been very reliable in the 2½ years I have owned it (bought from auctions). Apart from routine tyres and brakes it has never let me down.

Sponsored Links
I have to admit to having a negative bias towards Fiats...maybe thats due to the number of earlier Punto's coming in with popped head gaskets. Hopefully they are better now but I certainly couldn't comment accurately! 4k should find you something well suitable - I do admire the Yaris and Micra...anything that is popular with driving schools must have something going for it! John :)

I would second the Micra, superb little cars so long as you don't want to be doing motorways every day.

My parents have had a one litre for 6 years now. The only problem it has given was a battery terminal splitting through corrosion. Poor servicing was to blame for the lack of grease. Three quid for a new terminal later and it was off like a good one. Other than brakes and tyres it has needed nowt doing at all. They had a Mini before that cost a small fortune to keep going.

Older ones can have problems with the airflow meter causing rough running, they are expensive to replace.

John

the micra is ok, my daughter has an 06 convertible, quite a girly car but actually quite good to drive :oops:

I had a Micra (2005 IIRC) as a rental car - had 200 miles on the clock. The seat was hard, and had no latteral (sideways) support, I mean dont get me wrong, I didnt expect bucket seats, but some side support is nice so I dont slide about going round corners. Nice gearbox though - gear changes were a breeze, its a very tight gearbox, quick flick to change.

I test drove a Punto after this, (I had had one before) and found the gearbox like stirring porridge! The gears were too far apart too, I was having to reach all over the place to change gears (though I was comparing it to the Micra which was very tight and new)! Settled for a Fiesta.

Sponsored Links
Back