What do "you" use a PDA for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, do you have a PDA?
If so, what do you sue it for?

I know it has basic timekeeping, appointment, money, calculator etc functions on it, but do you use any specific applications etc for use in your DIY or trade work ?

If so what are they & where can they be got from?

I have an old Palm Tungsten T that I want to use & currently apart from maps i'm at a loss what to do with it.

Cheers,
Mattylad

Sponsored Links
with a good legal team i reckon i could win a lawsuit for £500 plus costs.

OK then, what about "using" it lol

I hate this crappy laptop keyboard lol

Sponsored Links
Our companys just made a massive investment in a new IT solution for the whole company. This covers 2000+ foodstores and several headoffic functions, so you can imagine the cost we're talking here.

Part of the solution is "pocket pc"s these are motorola things, can be programmed to be used as phones. But in our environment, they are used on the store's wireless LAN, to give us inventory info, price info, enable us to do counts, and check prices. It has a built in barcode scanner. They also enable us to print reduction labels on the WLAN printers, scan customers shopping and give them a ticket to scan at the till, which tells the till what the customer has in their basket (q busting), and enables remote autorisation of voids, and refunds at the tills.

However, they crash frequently, "please wait, checking connectivity" is one message that takes about 20 seconds to clear. IMO the could have used better software or hardware, anything to make them quicker!!!! Battery life is poor too, thanks to the huuuge screen and LOOOUD bleeper when it scans!

A man came from initial to change the rugs in the store the other day, he had one similar to ours (though his probably runs on GSM), I went up to him and said "snap!" :rolleyes:

I use my Treo with sat nav, rear speaker comes in handy as I can use on my scooter and the bike screen acts as a reflector for the audio so I can hear it even with helmet on.

There does not seem to be much in the way of applications for much other than shopping lists!

I have been finding stuff on the web & P2P for my older Palm T1 and apart from games it has not been much use.

Although I can copy circuit diagrams to it so that I can zoom in.
I did this with a Sony 32" TV & used it while I was repairing it, worked well.
(Although I had the paper diagrams too lol).

Sponsored Links
Back