What does this mean?

Sponsored Links
I guess curiousity did kill the cat so i wont try.
Anyway i have wired up the novagard in scb mode and im perfectly happy with it, the draw in alarm is 970ma. Is this acceptable or is it too high?
Thanks

its below 1A which is where I suggested to aim for giving you some scope, even if the temperature is as high as 40oC unlikely to get as high as that just yet, then in alarm it would take 170mA from the battery, I amsure you can do the maths.

Sponsored Links
its below 1A which is where I suggested to aim for giving you some scope, even if the temperature is as high as 40oC unlikely to get as high as that just yet, then in alarm it would take 170mA from the battery, I amsure you can do the maths.
Thanks, sounds like its all good. Thanks for your help and patience.

Sorry just one more thing, when i measured the alarm current, the meter was in series with the battery with the mains off and the current i got was 970ma, was this the correct way to measure the current?, or does the meter need to be in series with the transformer output for the correct reading?
Thanks

Does the current measurement need to be in series with the battery or transformer output? I did it with the battery, just want to know if that was correct?
Thanks

Thanks, that is good to know, i also measured the temparature of the control panel with the lid shut and left it for a few hours and it read 29.5 degrees, but bearing in mind that was on quite a hot day. So i imagine the panel was good for about 1 amp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back