sab and scb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I am sure this has been mentioned once or twice before but is there any real volume difference between sab and scb.

got a job coming up soon the customer wants 2 sabs I would like avoid an additional psu.
so besides saving current is there any difference between volume?. if so is sab worth the extra volume. are there any downsides to scb.

sorry if these are very basic, I do sort of know the answer just need some point in the right direction from the pro's.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes there is significant drop in volume.

for example I was told by a Manufacturer that SAB to Low current mode would drop around 2dB, but from SAB to SCB around 6dB.

What panel is it on as you might have another option, The Texecom Premier Elite has another DC output which with a 1A inline fuse added could run the bell in full SAB. Subject to your overall load on the system when in alarm.

The problem here is we don't know what panel or what sounders you are using.

Different bells have different power consumptions and different panels have different capabilities.

Hi, the bellboxes I am using are flashuard xl's made by klaxon. and the panel is a scantronic 9751.
cheers

I know the flashguard xl is quite power hungry when on sab 550ma+ according to its specs that s (tbh I don't believe that I bet its significantly less).Never measured the current for them.
Used to use the tex oddys which stated they were 523ma on sab. but according to the meter were infact only 400ma on sab and about 60ma on scb.

Sponsored Links
These are both Texecom products these days, however they will refer you to the manual for the rates.
Scantronics aren't my bag, but you can check in the manual what the fuse is rated for the bell and if there is anywhere else to take the feed from and you should base it on the Max.

500ma per output so 500ma for bell trip 500ma for strobe , you could use op/3 for bell number 2 and double up the strobe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back