What felt / membrane to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am pricing up to buy the gear to do my conny roof but the different types of felts and membranes avail is now a minefield.

Can anyone please give me some advice?

I am building a lean to roof to replace this one,
View attachment 92905

will be a timber and lightweight tile roof and maybe some Velux.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
are you sure the glazed frontage will be able to take the weight of what you are proposing.

I have got new frames and doors, the doors are being moved over, i have 4 steel posts in the frame spacers with a 100mm knockin between each frame for the steel. roof will be made of lightweight tiles @ 3.2KG per M2. Plenty strong enough

Sponsored Links
An have you allowed for the bracing of the roof (ie it tries to push outwards) and wind and snow loading?

What tiles are 3.2kgs m2?

As long as your confident, in answer to your question, if your talking breathable membranes, then for a standard roof they're pretty much of a muchness,
But for membranes in general depends on how you plan to insulate your roof

Sounds about right, do you really need 38mm battens, is that specified by Decra ?

That's my favourite too, especially if the roof is going to be left untiled or slated for a while, good tough stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back