What form of heating should I install

Heat of any type are expensive to install. Spend the heat pump money on insulation and glazing and fits a cheap oil boiler. If you get decent U values on the house, ten electric my be OK.

Insulation is the key in exposed country areas.

Including all your various user names, this is the most sensible advice I've seen you give on a forum.

Sponsored Links
Heat of any type are expensive to install. Spend the heat pump money on insulation and glazing and fits a cheap oil boiler. If you get decent U values on the house, ten electric my be OK.

Insulation is the key in exposed country areas.

Including all your various user names,

I only have one. Stop listening to the jobbing plumbers.

this is the most sensible advice I've seen you give on a forum.

I always give sensible advice.

Thanks all for advice.

But after having a vewing of anothe rhouse on same street I have discoverd that the street does have Gas.

The Question is now do I get the gas connected and how much would that be compared with say ground source.

Cheers fellas

Bod

Thanks all for advice.

But after having a vewing of anothe rhouse on same street I have discoverd that the street does have Gas.

The Question is now do I get the gas connected and how much would that be compared with say ground source.

Cheers fellas

Bod

Probably much cheaper. I had a new connection around three years ago at a cost of £600.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for advice.

Cheers fellas

Bod

Probably much cheaper. I had a new connection around three years ago at a cost of £600.

Thanks Mathew was thinking in the thousands

Thanks all for advice.

Cheers fellas

Bod

Gas CH is the one most likely to add value to your house and with lower running costs might even recoup the cost of installation fairly quickly.

Thanks all for advice.

Cheers fellas

Bod

Gas CH is the one most likely to add value to your house and with lower running costs might even recoup the cost of installation fairly quickly.

Ground soucre seems a good idea. But Gas C/H I'll fit myself and will obviously be alot cheaper.
Its a west facing garden so I may be tempted to try my hand a solar in the future

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back