What function is white oval conduit supposed to provide ?

most is built down to a price rather than up to a spec.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37825#37825[/QUOTE]
I remember seeing that, definitely not your normal installation
I can't help thinking the use of 8x2 sheet for the floor is the same. This house is the first where I've had to tackle this.
60543_P
Looks like a large hole saw, and the relevance is ? Leaving a 5" hole in the floor isn't generally considered a good idea :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It cuts a hole with a rebated lip. The company also sell suitable caps which lock into these cutous to fill the hole

Cablles used to be clipped as if they were surface and on display, even in lofts.

Today, most sparks just throw them across the roof space.
Funnily enough, I was up in the loft with a box of clips today.

A friend had the roof done not long ago - I had to go in the loft to add another satellite feed, only to find the ****ing roofers had just pulled all the aerial cables out of the clips and left them hanging. And the cables to the aerials on the roof, they put them out at the ridge and draped them down the roof rather than putting them out near the base of the chimney. Sometimes you just want to grasp someone firmly and shake him by his neck :evil:

On the other hand, the roofer that did parents house was great - he even carefully notched the underside of a tile for the TV aerial cable. See, there are still tradesmen with pride in their work:cool:

Sponsored Links
It cuts a hole with a rebated lip. The company also sell suitable caps which lock into these cutous to fill the hole
Ingenious - but wouldn't have helped for the work I've been doing as I needed a lot more access than that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back