What good deed have you done today?

I called the RSPCA about an injured seagull on our college roof. Gave them all the details, (suspected nature of injury, access to roof and that it was a flat roof, accessed from an internal stairway and had a 5' high x 2' wide solid wall surrounding it.
They said they would pass the information on for a collection. Half hour later the National Helpline called me to check all the facts and said they would pass it to a local collector who may/may not call me.
Half an hour later I get a radio call to come and speak to a member of the fire brigade who was asking for me. (?) Goes down to reception to find 2 burly firemen waiting and a large fire engine with 6 more officers sitting inside. They had come to check on the seagull and ensure my 'safety' description was accurate. They couldn't do anything for the seagull or take it away but they would contact the local RSPCA and ask them to come and collect it. Leading fireman said they would probably euthanise it either by injection or wring it'd neck.
This all started about 8.30 this morning when I showed a contractor up to the roof. Poor bird was still up there when I left at 3.30 this afternoon, hidden under a large box with a small bowl of water and some dried cereals.

Sponsored Links
Injured/helpless seagulls are ten a penny round these parts, they pop it max within 24hrs max when injured/fall out of the nest too early. Don't get me wrong I actually quite like them, handsome creatures really but Mr Attenborough would look down dimly at anyone saving the life of something so prolific.

Gave away one of those seats that go on the back of a cycle that small kids can sit on.

E4C2C5FE-F210-4422-AD01-1F98C29C32FA.jpeg

Last year we applied to adopt another dog. She had a boyfriend so we adopted him as well. Not such a good deed as they are two young beautiful dogs.

What I will pat myself on the back for is that they love each other so much it would have been horrible to have split them up. and that could have easily happened.

When we adopted our tabby Reggie at 3 years old, we had to split him from his sister. It was a painful decision to split them, but she suffered from fits so wasn't allowed out. Because she wasn't allowed out, neither was he. It would have been very difficult for us to have one cat going out (which to me is the only life for a healthy, normal cat) and one kept inside. Splitting them would give him the freedom he needed.

Luckily he took to his new home with us on his own very easily, although he and his sister spent three years together and were best friends. It helped that he had the distraction of something new - the great outdoors. He couldn't believe his luck and took to his new found freedom. Always climbing something or out exploring - can't imagine him living inside now. Unfortunately he's a bit of a mouser and making up for lost time. His sister had a happy ending too, as someone took her on despite her medical problems and need of regular vet treatment.

Sponsored Links
We had brother and sister cats. Female wasn't very friendly. She got diabetes at about 9 years old, and stayed out all the time. She was going downhill fast , so off she went to the vet.
Her brother is still with us, 19 years old now. He's deaf, but still communicates and is very friendly. He's looking old and is thin now, and sleeps more. Doing the good deed right thing for him will be very hard.

I'm with Bod here. Be kind and do a good deed. You never know when you might need one yourself.

My most recent good deeds are sharing a meal with a homeless fellow and paying for a pensioner's shopping when his card was rejected.

When we adopted our tabby Reggie at 3 years old, we had to split him from his sister. It was a painful decision to split them, but she suffered from fits so wasn't allowed out. Because she wasn't allowed out, neither was he. It would have been very difficult for us to have one cat going out (which to me is the only life for a healthy, normal cat) and one kept inside. Splitting them would give him the freedom he needed.

Luckily he took to his new home with us on his own very easily, although he and his sister spent three years together and were best friends. It helped that he had the distraction of something new - the great outdoors. He couldn't believe his luck and took to his new found freedom. Always climbing something or out exploring - can't imagine him living inside now. Unfortunately he's a bit of a mouser and making up for lost time. His sister had a happy ending too, as someone took her on despite her medical problems and need of regular vet treatment.

Family's get split up. You did a good thing and all turned out well.

Well done.

We had brother and sister cats. Female wasn't very friendly. She got diabetes at about 9 years old, and stayed out all the time. She was going downhill fast , so off she went to the vet.
Her brother is still with us, 19 years old now. He's deaf, but still communicates and is very friendly. He's looking old and is thin now, and sleeps more. Doing the good deed right thing for him will be very hard.

When you say he communicates! Do you mean he can lip read and do sign language?

I'm with Bod here. Be kind and do a good deed. You never know when you might need one yourself.

My most recent good deeds are sharing a meal with a homeless fellow and paying for a pensioner's shopping when his card was rejected.

That's lovely.

Twister with your Mum and Gran is fine, unless you play it naked.

Sponsored Links
Back