What good deed have you done today?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today in Santiago de Compostela there was a beggar with a dog. He was drunk and was mistreating the dog which was a lovely well behaved dog.
It was very hot and the dog had nothing to drink so, I fed it the water that I had in bottle by dribbling it into its mouth.
Then we went for a coffee. In the café I asked if they could give me a paper cup, which they did.
I filled my empty bottle at the fountain and went back to the beggar. I took the pennies from the stainless steel dog bowl that he had, put them in the paper cup and filled the bowl with water.
The dog was very grateful and I think I have a new four legged friend.

Sponsored Links
I do too many good deeds to tell.

I honestly do and very rarely do I share thres deeds with family or friends.

I just Do

Even though you rarely share these deeds with family and friends you have just told the world that you are a very special person full of good deeds.
Maybe you could tell us all how good you are here https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/blowing-your-own-trumpet.593125/
I was hoping others might want to share a story.
Alas, I don't think you have any more to add to this thread.

This is faceless it doesn't matter because we don't know each other.
Hence why I started a thread similar a while back.

I don't mind telling anyone if that kind of thing comes up in conversation.
I just don't feel the need to tell the first person I see.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that you shouldn't be proud of yourself or share with us your good deeds. I think if we all did good things for others it may kick-start a chain where we are all good to other people.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I was hoping others might want to share a story.
Alas, I don't think you have any more to add to this thread.

We rescued a dog once. Not so great as she was a beautiful 6 month old Cock a Poo

What was good is that I flew her from Australia to England to live a full and happy life.
Unfortunately she is no longer with us.

Last year we applied to adopt another dog. She had a boyfriend so we adopted him as well. Not such a good deed as they are two young beautiful dogs.

What I will pat myself on the back for is that they love each other so much it would have been horrible to have split them up. and that could have easily happened.

I really did not want another dog but once I see these two I just fell in love with them.

A collared dove.

I think if we all did good things for others it may kick-start a chain where we are all good to other people.
Sorry but this will never be the case. Yeah yeah, there are good people in the world, lots of good things happening etc. There is also a LOT of greed, corruption, desire for power. This won't change, no matter how nicey nicey we are with each other.

I purchased some small bottles of water at the BP on the North Circular so that I can give out to those asking for help at the traffic lights.

One old girl wrapped up for winter got a cold one. It was 35⁰c
I never give money.

No, there's no "good" in the world. Everything we do is selfishly motivated.
I bought something yesterday for someone else, just because I think they'll like it and it will give me a little kick to give it to them.
It's an antique brass magnetic clinometer.

Sponsored Links
Back