What have you done nice today.

B

Bodd

Ive always meant to start this thread.

I often do little good deeds for strangers because I'm a nice person. (honestly I am)
But I don't feel the need to tell anyone or blow my own trumpet

Maybe I should, because it may encourage others to do something good for others.

All trumpets blazing
what selfless thing have you done lately..?

Sponsored Links
What prompted this thread:

I was at a level crossing today. A woman a cross the road I could see had a physical difficulty walking.

The fella in his white van in front of me shouts to her, asking if she is OK.
She ended up getting in the passenger seat and the fella took her home. What's a good decent man.

Took the dog for a walk & half filled a bin bag with litter & those poo bags that ****s leave tied to tree's. Counted 6 cygnets, all healthy & managed to check the cob's feet (someone said he'd cut one), re-filled the bird feeders in the comunity garden & sat & had a chat with old Brin who did the weeding.

Got home to find the missus in a panic 'cos a bird is flapping behind the wood stove . . . Took 3hrs to get a young thrush out of the house.

Sponsored Links
What prompted this thread:

I was at a level crossing today. A woman a cross the road I could see had a physical difficulty walking.

The fella in his white van in front of me shouts to her, asking if she is OK.
She ended up getting in the passenger seat and the fella took her home. What's a good decent man.
Despite the reputation us 'White-Van-Man' types are as good as gold (y)

so what has this WVM done good recently - on friday gone, I made a bat box and fitted it high up on a wall.

I took the papers out of the letterbox and milk from the step for the old lady who lives next door. The lazy cow hasn’t bothered for five days now.

Sure, it's called killing with kindness, in much the same way I overfeed our grumpy cat.

But you don't know what he's feeding the fox with.
I dont suppose they are that fussy when going through the bins.

Twice a week on a journey into town I buy a homeless person a burger and a coffee.
Not the same one each time I hasten to add. Try to do it for a different one each time and they now realise they will get theirs on another day. Don't want to appear to favour anyone. Also there are a number of cafe's which have a 'Pay it forward' scheme. When we buy 2 coffees we pay for at least one extra, then if a homeless person pops in they can have a free coffee or tea. It's monitored by the staff who ensure some don't try to abuse the system and it works quite well. Mutual trust on both sides.

Twice a week on a journey into town I buy a homeless person a burger and a coffee.
Not the same one each time I hasten to add. Try to do it for a different one each time and they now realise they will get theirs on another day. Don't want to appear to favour anyone. Also there are a number of cafe's which have a 'Pay it forward' scheme. When we buy 2 coffees we pay for at least one extra, then if a homeless person pops in they can have a free coffee or tea. It's monitored by the staff who ensure some don't try to abuse the system and it works quite well. Mutual trust on both sides.

That's great. Well done.

Sponsored Links
Back