Nice if you can get it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Council house...double gates already there,and a few slabs to park a car on.
Contractors turn up...not the Councils own workmen.

Day one...Three Transit pickups,two men in each...one with mini digger on a trailer.Skip on the road...all day.

Day two...Two Transits, two men in each...all day.

Day three...Two Transits,two men in each...all day

Three days later...one transit ,two blokes left at lunchtime.

I didn't see what was being done daily because the vans were parked roadside...but why do I have a feeling that somebody was taking the p**s?

2d854w.jpg

Sponsored Links
FFS.

Shock Horror.

Man buys house and does it up.

What's the issue?

No, the issue isn't where has the money come from....

It's why haven't you got anything better to do? ;)

It's council property,and if you guys take 4 days to lay a bit of conny with 4 guys I'm glad I don't deal with you.

Sponsored Links
Awful, the double gates don,t match the single gate, and they are a bodge fit.

Not the councils own workmen you say and I bet it will be private contractor who has the contract for council repairs and possibly related to somebody from the council but really we are paying for this through our rates... I know a guy who used to work for one of these housing associations and they would tender for the work at stupid cheap costs and get the contract on that basis.. and here is a example of how it worked... a property needed a new lock on the front door and the price in the contract is to replace it at a certain cost say £40 but when the guy goes out to do suddenly the door also needs replacing but not only that the casing is split and needs replacing so the whole cost of the job for eg is £400 and that is where it is a nice contract if you can get it.

Talking to a director of a automotive company yesterday, and the gulf between private and public.
He was telling me about his sister, who is a chief exec of a local authority.
She was telling him how they'd recently spent £100K on a three day "team-building and motivational workshop", including some thousands on a motivational speaker.
"How do you motivate your team then?" she asked him.
"I get the coffees," he replied, "and if I really want to motivate them, I get biscuits too."
Different universes, not even different worlds.

As a public employee I feel duty bound to defend my fellow comrades. Naturally I shan't be doing this during my free time, so shall do so when I get back to the office on Monday, after having set up several committees and strategic working groups to determine possible outcomes :mrgreen:

they'd recently spent £100K on a three day "team-building and motivational workshop", including some thousands on a motivational speaker.
One firm did similar and regretted the outcome. One of their team was so motivated by the workshop that he resigned and went to work for the company running the team building events.........

As a public employee I feel duty bound to defend my fellow comrades. Naturally I shan't be doing this during my free time, so shall do so when I get back to the office on Monday, after having set up several committees and strategic working groups to determine possible outcomes :mrgreen:

Remember to take all breaks to which you are entitled :mrgreen:

they'd recently spent £100K on a three day "team-building and motivational workshop", including some thousands on a motivational speaker.
One firm did similar and regretted the outcome. One of their team was so motivated by the workshop that he resigned and went to work for the company running the team building events.........

That's the sort of "get up and go!" the employer didn't want to encourage!

My cousin works for a council. In the past he has worked all day without a proper break, so a job has been finished that day. Saved the council money by not having to go back for half an hour to finish the job (saving the wear and tear on council vehicles, fuel, time etc) First time he did this, he was told, he'd got to take his 1hr lucnh break. Second time he had to attend a 4hr course on "Time Management" I asked him what the course was about, and he told me , there was some bint , bleating on about the effects of stress , diet and exhaustion on the human body. Someone then explained the working time regulations (in extreme detail) Basically the message was. ALWAYS take your breaks,,,, (or else) :LOL: :LOL:

My cousin works for a council. In the past he has worked all day without a proper break, so a job has been finished that day. Saved the council money by not having to go back for half an hour to finish the job (saving the wear and tear on council vehicles, fuel, time etc) First time he did this, he was told, he'd got to take his 1hr lucnh break. Second time he had to attend a 4hr course on "Time Management" I asked him what the course was about, and he told me , there was some bint , bleating on about the effects of stress , diet and exhaustion on the human body. Someone then explained the working time regulations (in extreme detail) Basically the message was. ALWAYS take your breaks,,,, (or else) :LOL: :LOL:

My mate told me the same. Ordered by his manager to always take all breaks, in full.
I can see the logic to a degree - their union has fought for the break, so it would water down their arguments if breaks were seen as optional.

That said, aren't breaks what other people have? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back