What have you been doing today?

They’re not designed for painting fences either!
View attachment 198405

I’ve seen a decorator pasting a wall before and he used ready mixed paste and a paint roller. (y)

I wish I had used a roller! Something learnt for next time.

Nice pic. I think I used the same brush for oiling last summer. That got everywhere too.

I used paste the wall stuff - one bag and I think I used the equivalent of 3.5 rolls of paper? (It was a 20m roll of the metre-wide stuff, and I have 4.58m remaining, plus I used under half of a standard roll). I did add a dash of extra water to make it stretch as so much was splattering elsewhere.

Priming today, somehow. Every inch of my body hurts. I may go for a bike ride to see if that helps.

Sponsored Links
Oops. I did that instead of breaking into a fresh packet of paste once. Fatal mistake. Paper lifted at the joins after a few months. :mad:

Oh no.

I'll be making sure the joins are well fillered down. Fingers crossed.

Was supposed to be painting today, but am so knackered that I may give the paste an extra day to dry instead. Got loads of other stuff to work on, including two bikes to rebuild. When the dogs move - both are currently sprawled across me. They aren't keen on me not being available every minute of every day.

Packing for our jollybobs next week.
Only going for a week but you would think we were moving house!

Also in the middle of tracing with breaker controls what in the CU as none of them are marked up. Done all the lights, cooker and outside lights and alarms.
Just got two socket circuits to do when I can make sure no one is logged on to internet.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
They’re not designed for painting fences either!
Spraying is the best way. I used to do my Ma's fences with creosote, using an old weedkiller pump-up spray bottle with lance. Dead easy!

Sadly creosote frowned upon now....

I wish I had used a roller! Something learnt for next time.

Nice pic. I think I used the same brush for oiling last summer. That got everywhere too.

I used paste the wall stuff - one bag and I think I used the equivalent of 3.5 rolls of paper? (It was a 20m roll of the metre-wide stuff, and I have 4.58m remaining, plus I used under half of a standard roll). I did add a dash of extra water to make it stretch as so much was splattering elsewhere.

Priming today, somehow. Every inch of my body hurts. I may go for a bike ride to see if that helps.

Where did you get this from? I've only ever come across standard sized paper, 11 yards x 20" or near as.

Where did you get this from? I've only ever come across standard sized paper, 11 yards x 20" or near as.
It's Screwfix 1506P (cheapest) or TS 11844 & they have a slightly different one 17987. (It's lining paper - did I say? I'm painting over.)

Tried out my newly arrived camp stove. It brought a half filled, thick bottomed saucepan of water to the boil in 3 minutes 50 seconds. Enough for a couple of cuppa's. Impressive I thought. I’ve got a 2 ltr stainless steel whistling kettle arriving later, that’ll be a good test. :whistle:

11A4C4BA-308F-4210-97B6-FF6D2F46BF8A.jpeg

Edit: Just been up in the loft and I’ve found it straight away. They’re £90 new! No fuel in it obviously but when I turned it on there was a slow hiss and a fuel smell so it’s holding pressure. I see online that the pump is repairable so I might just order a repair kit for 8 quid and clean it up as a project. Something to do I suppose. :rolleyes:

D9C0C5C4-D3B6-4C9B-B9BF-3CC1FFA9D425.jpeg

Last edited:
Should you have that kitchen roll so close? One slight draft as you walk by and that could mean a new kitchen for Mrs M.

Where are you off to?

Caravan park in Norfolk. Me, wife, stepson and daughter and granddaughter.
Found out last night that one of my other stepsons and his partner are coming up on Sunday to spend a week with us. As we will be going Monday they will be 'house sitting' for us as they have been shielding in their London home and wanted a break and change of scenery. They can pop up for a day visit to the caravan park if they feel like it, so we will get to see them for a bit. :)

Been up since 7.00 and just got dressed. I’m wearing a pair of my new pants that I bought yesterday. Boxer shorts. I’m normally a trunks man but I must say, my boys are enjoying their new found freedom. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Always boxers Mottie.Convert now!

Sponsored Links
Back