What have you been doing today?

Just received my new Vodafone Wifi hub. Because I asked nicely, Vodafone broadband moved me from Superfast 1 to Superfast 2, sent me the latest hub and knocked a couple of quid off of the monthly charge that I was paying for Superfast 1. I thought I was going to have to reprogramme all my devices : 2 TV's, 2 Firesticks, 2 Kindles, Ring doorbell, Wifi bird box, 2 iPads, 5 iPhones, Amazon fire tablet, Windows Laptop and an Amazon Alexa but the hub has a guest account and I remember someone telling me on here to just change the name of the new router to the same name and password as the old one. I didn't want to muck about getting into the settings of the router etc so I just used my old router name and password on the guest account instead. All works! Not a lot faster - just an increase of speed from 35 - 46 but I can now stream 4K films on both my firesticks at the same time with no buffering. Can't tell the difference between 4K and 1k though on my telly with my eyes! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Had lunch with a chap just back from 5yrs in China.

They have this sort of youth movement or lifestyle called "lying flat", & he reckons it'll bring down the Chinese communist party . . . . .

I have some money in a Cash ISA that is currently earning 0.4% interest.

Inflation is expected to reach 5%

So cash will be losing value fast.

There's no point in a Cash ISA now that most of us can receive up to £1,000 of interest per year tax free.

I'm all in favour of holding savings as an emergency buffer if you are lucky enough to have it, but I now consider myself to be retired and am not subject to risks of unemployment, redundancy or a downturn in business.

So I just did an Online Transfer to move it all to a Stocks and Shares ISA (it does not use up this years allowance as it is already ISA money).

Took me a couple of minutes.

Sponsored Links
A few lamps ( 1130 ) tested as OK and sorted by colour.

lamps tested.jpg

Went on the first shoot of the season today. Walked over 7.5 miles and not on paved roads! Through mud, fields, forests and brambles. Stiff as a board at the moment - even the dog is knackered and hasn't been out of her bed since getting home.

A4848771-E798-4AF0-A6E9-D8B687E7041F.png image.jpg

Went around some whinging tenants house

grizzeling about his heating not working and what a total disgrace it is that he had no heating for nearly 24 hours :eek:

his daughter unplugged the boiler to use her hair dryer in the kitchen clears off and forgot to plug it back in

the clue to the said tenant may have been no power lights on
On any thing :confused:

dip stick

going to some other whinging tenant in the morning
Probably to turn up a room stat or press a button for them ?

his daughter unplugged the boiler to use her hair dryer in the kitchen clears off and forgot to plug it back in
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I get them quite regular, not unplugging them as the majority of ours are wired into a fcu, but had these “accidentally” knocked off, or “we have hot water, but no heating” - first thing I ask “where’s your thermostat?” :LOL::LOL:

:rolleyes:

Yep the whinging tenant syndrome

in the last 4 weeks we have had the boiler in plugged

a visit to one tenant twice on consecutive days to turn up a room stat

Another whinger complaining that his top floor rads don’t work

well no they don’t it would help if you actually turn the trvs on :confused:

some whinger wanting compensation if his land Lord because his en-suite shower valve does not work
Be it that he has 2 other showers in the house :confused:

another whinger complaining that there heating switches off when they use the shower or bath
It’s a combi

The whinging tenants :LOL:

got out of social housing rentals years ago TF absolutely dire imo

Spend a good hour or so tinkering with my Internet today. I have twin cat 5 socket behind the TV - one for the TV, the other for the Firestick. One of them stopped working so I tested it and one of the 8 wires had a break. Tried pushing the wires in further at the rear of the socket with the special tool but that made two of them stop working. I then ended up breaking the whole thing so I've a new socket coming tomorrow. Didn't have a particularly strong Wifi signal upstairs so I dug out BT powerline kit I had, read the instructions (!) and set it up to mimic my existing router name and login. I then plugged one in to a socket in the loft and I now have a stronger signal upstairs - TV, firestick, kindles and Wifi birdbox that is fitted at the rear of the house.

Our Government has a similarly named movement, called flat out lying.
Come on, this is a light hearted 'what have you done today' thread. If you want to have a pop at the government, start a specific thread about it.

Sponsored Links
Back