What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
Booked myself onto a trackday today (not until May), first one in more than a decade.

Cadwell Park which should be a nice challenge as its a twisty, tight circuit. Organised by the TVR Car Club, so will be good to meet some other Trevor owners too :)

Just got back from a shopping trip to both Lakeside and Bluewater. Mrs Mottie has been looking for shoes to go with her Mother-of-the-Bride frock. No joy. Never mind, I came back happy. Three pairs of socks and three T shirts from Marks's. :)

Sponsored Links
Marks is nothing like it was 30 years ago. It's more a case of Tesco, Asda and Matalan rolled into one.
30 years or so ago, I used to by my shirts, night suits, gowns and cardigans from there you just knew it was quality and VFM. Last 20 years or so, several items looking the same but different prices EG, expensive for what it is, you can easily get better value and cheap but feels cheap. Even the food standards have dropped so we dont bother as it used to be M&S quiche, cakes all day long now laid out well but overpriced.

Waitrose and Sainsbury do much better and Tesco home delivery.

Clothing - Next and John Lewis

I bought an Easyjet flight for £61.
The price of the flight is good but now that you are only paying for the seat, they want another £32.99 for me to take my bag.

The price of the flight is good but now that you are only paying for the seat, they want another £32.99 for me to take my bag.

In essecence you did not pay 61 for "flight" you paid a total of 93.99 unless you are not taking your "bag" which you are!!

Someone I know had to be rebuked when he bragged on about getting a phone charge for 1 pound. I queried it and said it must have cost them more to post than the one pound. The idiot replied the postage was 11 pounds. I asked him who paid the postage and his mush went red and others in the office chuckled - I said "so you did not pay a pound but you paid 12" - He was left speechless and red-faced.

The last two flights I've booked, one to Jersey and one to Malaga, were cheaper on BA that they were on the so-called budget airlines once you have figured in your luggage and seat allocation. The budget airlines are only any good if you are going without luggage.

Sponsored Links
Back