What have you bought today?

Yesterday I bought a Guinea Fowl with the weekly shop. Mrs Mottie was horrified. I've never had one before but she put on the shopping list 'something nice for Saturday tea'. I've now got to try to turn it into a delicious meal tonight. I've told her if it all turns to a crock of ****, I'll dash up the chippy and get some fish 'n' chips. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The final piece to my jigsaw suit!
Saw a 3 piece suit I really liked in Marks's at Bluewater the other week. Bought the Jacket and waistcoat in-store and on the way home we went to the Lakeside store. Tried the trousers on for size but they didn't have my length in store or online so it was a waiting game. Meanwhile, while waiting, in the comfort of my home I realised that I needed different lengths - the jacket was too long and the waistcoat too short! Neither of those were available online either! Tried the Westfield Stratford store but no luck with anything in my size so I got a refund on the jacket and waistcoat. Kept checking online and after a few days, one pair of trousers were available. Ordered them and picked them up last Sunday. A few days later the waistcoat was available so I ordered that too. That arrived today. I've been checking online every couple of hours and just ten minutes ago a jacket became available. Ordered and arriving on March 4th. Job done. Phew!

You've just panicked me into going out and filling both cars up in case there a rush for fuel tomorrow. Petrol stations were empty but after you said it, I looked online and it says fuel queues are starting up again. Bloody newspapers!

Sponsored Links
You've just panicked me into going out and filling both cars up in case there a rush for fuel tomorrow. Petrol stations were empty but after you said it, I looked online and it says fuel queues are starting up again. Bloody newspapers!
Sorry (but I bet you're now pleased to save you queuing today). Was on my way home from the club / pub and saw that the supermarket garage was still open, no queue but also half the pumps had no diesel and charging £1.48 per litre so I thought - opportune moment.

Sorry (but I bet you're now pleased to save you queuing today). Was on my way home from the club / pub and saw that the supermarket garage was still open, no queue but also half the pumps had no diesel and charging £1.48 per litre so I thought - opportune moment.
I paid £1.55.9 for mine. :rolleyes:

Garlic for the allotment. Third time lucky!

4F877C3A-71A9-4FFA-AD19-18A58724AFC0.jpeg

Asda was same yesterday near me - only half of pumps had diesel. £1.49/litre. Absolute bargain!! :ROFLMAO:

Yep. Could have got it cheaper elsewhere but at 10.30 at night I just went to my nearest station.
I've not bought diesel since August last year. As I've not been using the car I've lost track of the prices.
Diesel in Tenerife is about 1.10€ in Pecan and Disa gasolineras but every weekend they drop the price to about 1.03€/litre. Sometimes they drop it to 99.9cents/ litre.
That's about 92p/litre which just goes to show how much we are being ripped off because we have oil and they don't.

Last edited:
That's about 98p/litre which just goes to show how much we are being ripped off because we have oil and they don't.

Also the Carrie and Doris Show will be happy that we have extotionate fuel prices that hurt ordinary families. All to help persuade us out of ICE vehicles to maintain their preposterous zero carbon vanity project.

Sponsored Links
Back