What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
What I haven't bought (yesterday); peppers.

Had to make a batch chilli last night sans, as Aldi / Morrisons / Co-op / Spar (I gave up after that) had none.

According to BBC, due to cold weather in Spain..........

Sponsored Links
Apparently that is going to lead to a tomato shortage. Stock up while you can............

Tinned evaporated milk stocks desperate, which I happen to like in my proper coffee - I've tried my usual source, Lidl, a few times over recent weeks, and the shelves were always bare of the tins. Today, I determined to seek out alternative sources, at a local town. [1]I tracked down some over-priced Carnation, in one store, so picked up a couple of their cans, as a back-up. Later, finding whole cases of own-brand, at a Morrisons, so grabbed 10x of theirs.

Pantry stock, now back to reasonable levels and good for a month or so.

[EDIT] I missed out the bit was that I also tried in Aldi, who similarly had been without a supply for weeks.

Last edited:
Big egg shortage in JS and Aldi. The local Sainsbury is selling posh eggs at 4 quid per half dozen, but I'm not that desperate.

Maybe this topic should change it's title to 'what can't you buy now'?

The consumerism boasters might just have to realise that they will have to reappraise their unsustainable habits
;)

Maybe this topic should change it's title to 'what can't you buy now'?

The consumerism boasters might just have to realise that they will have to reappraise their unsustainable habits
;)
Feel free to start such a thread - one like this would be right up your street. Who knows, you might even be able to pin it on your favourite subject!

[EDIT] I missed out the bit was that I also tried in Aldi, who similarly had been without a supply for weeks.

It's been a few years since I was last in that Aldi, during which time they have twice extended their building's footprint. They now carry a very much bigger range of foodstuff than they originally did, last time I was there, even better than my local Lidl.

A dementia clock for the MIL. She often doesn't know what day it is/forgets to eat etc. :(

A new battery for my scooter. It’s getting a bit sluggish to start lately. I've tried reconditioning it but as the battery must be at least 8 years old, I think I’ve had the best years out of it. I bought a Yuasa - £68. Not the cheapest but not the dearest either. They all come with a one year guarantee but I suspect that if I bought a £29 one, I’d just about get a year out of it.

Last edited:
The only thing I bought today was a chicken tandoori sandwich.
Actually, that's a lie. I bought a can of Tropical something or other. I don't usually buy fizzy drinks, but I was hot and thirsty after my sandwich.

Drugs. For our dog. Only flea/tick/lungworm/heartworm £42 for a six month supply (6 tablets). Bought them online - prescription only which cost £15.50 from our vet so £57.50 in total. Would have cost £120 direct from the vet so a decent saving.

A dozen deep blue tiles arrived, as per order, on a big pallet covered in shrink wrap. Safe and sound, for sure, but a simple box would've sufficed. Also, five 'leaf' patterned tiles, so now i've no excuse for not cracking on with the job. There goes my weekend.:mrgreen:

I bought a 2.5m plastic skirting from Amazon (for the bathroom), and 5m arrive. Result! Although, I think I only needed about 2m ...

It looks nice actually, and even has a rubber strip along the bottom to allow for movement, but stop drafts. Might get more for the hallway ...

Sponsored Links
Back