What have you bought today?

Did the family shop at Sainsbury's, using the scanner thing, they did one of their random checks and I'd not scanned a chicken, full rescan in order, she did it all there and then rather than hauling me off to a till, about 2 years since I've forgotten to scan something, heyho!

Sponsored Links
Did the family shop at Sainsbury's, using the scanner thing, they did one of their random checks and I'd not scanned a chicken, full rescan in order, she did it all there and then rather than hauling me off to a till, about 2 years since I've forgotten to scan something, heyho!
Busted! :ROFLMAO: I had that happen once, forgot to scan something. Whole shop scanned again and I’d scanned something else twice so it came out £4 cheaper.

7 x 2.4m lengths of 3”x2” timber and a pick 'n' mix bag of screws as I’m going to make another bench for my greenhouse. Bought them together with two bags of sand and the B&Q teenager made it £13 something. He'd only scanned one of the lengths. I would never have got out with them so I asked him of he was sure he had the right price. He looked again and then realised and charged me for the six he'd missed. I asked him if he would have twigged when I wheeled the trolley through. "Probably not" he said. Bollux!
we bought a couple doors from an orange barn some years ago. On arrival home we checked of stuff against the receipt to find they till person had only charged its for one door... Certainly wasn't going to drive another 30 miles to sort out their mistake...

7 x 2.4m lengths of 3”x2” timber and a pick 'n' mix bag of screws as I’m going to make another bench for my greenhouse. Bought them together with two bags of sand and the B&Q teenager made it £13 something. He'd only scanned one of the lengths. I would never have got out with them so I asked him of he was sure he had the right price. He looked again and then realised and charged me for the six he'd missed. I asked him if he would have twigged when I wheeled the trolley through. "Probably not" he said. Bollux!

I had that once in Been & Queued. Wanted 3 sheets of OSB chipboard, but cut to size on their big wall saw. After they cut them, I said to put the offcuts I didn't need in their offcut scraps bin. Unfortunately the bits I didn't want that went in the offcut bin had 2 of the 3 bar codes on from the 3 sheets. Lady on till saw only one bar code on the pieces of board on my trolley and assumed it was just one board cut into several pieces. :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In the 70s Asda were selling a sander & jigsaw together, the boxes were shrink-wrapped together, when I opened mine there were two power tools in each box

A expensive pub meal for 6! Our daughter and her husband asked us out for lunch over near them in North London. Last two or three times we've been, they insist on paying. I told them we'd only come this time if we could pay but they just said "We'll see" which in her speak is "No you won’t". Anyway we turned up and her husbands parents came along too. After we had finished the meal, I went to the toilet and snuck up the bar and paid for the whole meal. I could hardly pay for my daughter and her husband and ask his parents for their share. They showed me the receipt but I couldn’t see without my glasses so I said that was fine. I thought it said £208 which wasn't bad. I gave them a £20 tip too. Paid on my phone. Just got home and took the receipt out of my pocket and looked at it with my glasses on - £298! Worse of all, it included a service charge of £33 so I’ve tipped over £50 on a meal. :oops:

512B6641-E792-4857-B7E3-943994D65A89.jpeg

In future, I’m going to put my glasses on when looking at a receipt!

A expensive pub meal for 6! Our daughter and her husband asked us out for lunch over near them in North London. Last two or three times we've been, they insist on paying. I told them we'd only come this time if we could pay but they just said "We'll see" which in her speak is "No you won’t". Anyway we turned up and her husbands parents came along too. After we had finished the meal, I went to the toilet and snuck up the bar and paid for the whole meal. I could hardly pay for my daughter and her husband and ask his parents for their share. They showed me the receipt but I couldn’t see without my glasses so I said that was fine. I thought it said £208 which wasn't bad. I gave them a £20 tip too. Paid on my phone. Just got home and took the receipt out of my pocket and looked at it with my glasses on - £298! Worse of all, it included a service charge of £33 so I’ve tipped over £50 on a meal. :oops:

View attachment 296268

In future, I’m going to put my glasses on when looking at a receipt!
You can't take it with you (y)

50 coffee capsules and a descaling kit for my coffee machine, direct from Nespresso. £25.60. A bit pricey but it keeps the warranty going.

Sponsored Links
Back