What have you bought today?

Hope your dad was ok!
And know how that is - father in law sets his alarm off on occasion, as well as pocket dials us with his mobile. Unfortunately he is really rather deaf so when we call back he doesn't answer. So mad dash to drive to his only to be greeted by him with a surprised expression and an offer of a cuppa :) :)

I got there at 7.20am only to find him sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea.

I asked him about the phone, he ssid "oh maybe I ignored it"

Sponsored Links
I got there at 7.20am only to find him sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea.

I asked him about the phone, he ssid "oh maybe I ignored it"

Maybe your old man enjoys winding you up, to be fair, I can really relate to that.

Sponsored Links
Today I spent £77.90 on 6 tubs of descaler and 6 tubs of intense clean powder from the Miele engineer after he spent over an hour digging crud out of our machine. Probably paid over the odds but it was a guilt purchase as the engineer scale shamed me! :LOL: Wifey regularly uses that calgon stuff but he reckons its a waste of time as the evidence showed. Machine was still under the 10 year guarantee and was expecting this to be chargeable but apparently it was all covered. Result!

Last edited:
Have you tried the Sourdough from Waitrose. Properly baked. Most supermarket sourdough is not the real thing.

Your a good man looking after you dad the way you do.. A lot won't.

Waitrose wholemeal sourdough it's about 3.50 a loaf! But possibly the best toasting slice..... in the world.. (aka Clarkson)

Set of 3 Long nose pliers from Facom.

Tub of black paint for the summerhouse.

Razer Mamba wireless mouse to improve my legendary status on Fortnite.

Today I spent £77.90 on 6 tubs of descaler and 6 tubs of intense clean powder from the Miele engineer after he spent over an hour digging crud out of our machine. Probably paid over the odds but it was a guilt purchase as the engineer scale shamed me! :LOL: Wifey regularly uses that calgon stuff but he reckons its a waste of time as the evidence showed. Machine was still under the 10 year guarantee and was expecting this to be chargeable but apparently it was all covered. Result!

Have you seen this add on the telly where he pulls the washing machine apart then sniffs the sh't he's scooped out and pulls a face like he wants to puke :D always makes me chuckle that, why do it if you're a seasoned engineer?

Just ordered a spare pair of Scarpa walking boots from Go Outdoors. Already the cheapest place with their discount card but had a 20% off code so even cheaper with free delivery. :mrgreen:

Today I went with a few mates to the London Motorcycle show at the Excel. I bought two boxes of flapjacks! So, what have you bought today?
6 flapjacks from Home Bargains. I may start buying them by the box. Curse you!

Sponsored Links
Back